Yoga

8 messages
02/11/2004 at 22:25
I would like to try yoga as a means of stretching, but am unable to go to any classes.
Can anyone recommend a good video/DVD?
02/11/2004 at 22:44
I have the Geri yoga dvd, I find this really good, I also go to yoga classes too and have found such a difference to my flexibility too. I would really give it a try
03/11/2004 at 09:51
I really would suggest going to classes as there a good teacher will correct any postures you are doing incorrectly. (Some more advanced postures if you do incorrectly, you will seriously injure yourself).

Having said that, if you can, get the June issue of RW. There is a yoga section in there with a lot of the postures that I do and find helpful.
03/11/2004 at 10:12
There is a yoga show on at Olympia in a couple of weekends.

I know this is really short notice, but if you went along you would learn a lot and be able to pick up stuff that is relevant to you.

Yoga show
03/11/2004 at 12:42
I have the Geri dvd too which is great, but I would also recommend classes because they add variety and you don't have to do the same thing over and over again. Plus there is the correcting thing Sam mentions..... and I have had the June RW ready after a few of my runs to make use of those poses! You might be able to find them on the site somewhere...?
03/11/2004 at 13:47
Zenzo

I would also recommend classes as a 2 dimensional picture can not truly show the correct alignment for the postures.

Off to yoga myself tonight :-)
03/11/2004 at 14:24
Second all of the above - I've got a wee book, but still go to the classes. Apart from anything else it's quieter and the view is better :-)
03/11/2004 at 18:32
Of course, this is little help as Zenzo has already point it out difficulty in getting to classes!

I think a DVD or video would be a good starter so you know some of the moves when you get there, but I would imagine that even a well practised routine from a dvd would still be corrected by someone actually there with you.

My friend has the dvd by the bloke who first introduced Geri to yoga too and that is quite good too apparently. I don't remember his name though.....! Full of useless advice, me!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.