** Advanced Warning ** Pirate Christmas Social

Saturday 1st December

461 to 480 of 614 messages
26/11/2012 at 19:13
What? Hengrove?
M...eldy    pirate
26/11/2012 at 19:28

I dont know .. Schmunks is talking in riddles 

You said that Hengrove was the option so I assume that is what he has booked but I am not sure why we cant clarify

Anyway, back to more interesting topics .... I still havent decided what to wear  

IronCat5    pirate
26/11/2012 at 19:33

Mouse, please bring the game. I think it'll be hilarious after a few drinks.

So where are we swimming? I need to know so I can decide on transport. Really don't want to drive and would rather let the train take the strain, especially Sunday.

26/11/2012 at 19:35

Not talking in riddles intentionally

Barlos is organising, hence why i have asked him to pop in and let people know what's going on. 

As i am not doing the swimming I am keeping my nose out of it. All I was trying to do was manage expectations of when he will be able to come in here and update people.

M...eldy    pirate
26/11/2012 at 19:36

Cat I think we can assume Hengrove until we get told otherwise  

IronCat5    pirate
26/11/2012 at 19:38

H'ok. So is anyone driving via central Brizzle to the gala? Mmmmm gala pie......

26/11/2012 at 19:45
As I was helping organise the swimming I can do the best I can on this. He looked at Hengrove and I was looking at another pool. The other pool didn't come off - so we're booked into Hengrove pool as far as I know. I'm not sure if he got 2-3 or 3-4pm. You can google Hengrove swimming pool and it will take you to the Parkwood Community Leisure website (sorry, on iPad and it doesn't want to play at posting a link.) The postcode is BS14 0JZ. It has a multi storey car park that is free for 3 hrs. I know that bus routes turn around there, so it's busable but you could work together for lift shares. If you want to look up buses, Bristol uses First Bus.

What else can I help with?

I'll bring the game. I've also got a few balloons I found.
M...eldy    pirate
26/11/2012 at 20:05

Oh yes ... I might have some black n yeller balloons somewhere

If I get some free time between looking for dresses then I might find them !!

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
26/11/2012 at 20:13

There is no mystery re the swimming, I was just waiting for confirmation from the pool

Confirmation and arrangements

I have booked Hengrove Park Leisure Centre Pool (25m), 4 lanes 3pm - 4pm Sat 1st December.

Hengrove Park Leisure Centre
Hengrove Park
The Boulevard
Bristol
BS14 0DBs

It will be up to you to make your own way there, though suggest some of you maybe coordinate with each other to sort out lifts/share taxis, work out the buses etc.

Can we all aim to meet at reception approx 2.30 & 2.45, at 2.45 ill be heading to get changed.

Just to reitterate, this is meant to be a laugh and a bit of fun, you dont have to swim or race, nor do any/all of the events.  That said ive paid £45 to hire the pool on the basis of those that expressed an interest.

seren nos    pirate
26/11/2012 at 20:24

cat..i have no idea at the moment.i have to drive from blaise castle to the pool..........need to look where they are

seren nos    pirate
26/11/2012 at 20:29

just checked and it looks like i bypass the centre and go around the A4

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
26/11/2012 at 20:29

I'll post another update towards the end of the week but if anyone needs any more info or wants my mobile number so they can coordinate their arrangements please pm me via RW.

Lastly, anyone who fancies just coming down to support youre more than encouraged to do so.

26/11/2012 at 21:19

Thanks for sorting Coach. See you there. More the merrier - come on, I'm sure there are more wanting to join in the fun. 

Mouse - the game sounds a laugh too. 

The Silent Assassin    pirate
27/11/2012 at 08:05
M...eldy wrote (see)

Oh yes ... I might have some black n yeller balloons somewhere

If I get some free time between looking for dresses then I might find them !!

Oh oh oh, think we have some black pirate ones.

balloons that is, not Meldy's dresses

seren nos    pirate
27/11/2012 at 09:10

this is my only christmas do that i'm going to so I have beetr meke it a good one

27/11/2012 at 13:13

The number 20 bus seems to be the most direct- about 20 mins from Bristol Temple Meads, or alternatively grab a cab. 

Stoatally Different    pirate
27/11/2012 at 13:17
I may be able to give a couple of people a lift to the pool.
27/11/2012 at 17:34

I will certianly be swimming.  I'm nt doing enough swim training at the moment so even half a dozen lengths would be an improvement for me

27/11/2012 at 17:50

I've just had a go at back stroke for the first time in xxx years.  Seems I can't swim in a straight line going backwards - kept crashing into the wall lol. As for fly - well lets just say it resembled more of a drowning fly than a butterfly. I gave up after 2 "strokes". 

Now for the more important stuff, what shall I wear? Still think I'll be going long and black. 

Stoatally Different    pirate
27/11/2012 at 17:59
I'm still up for swimming. Can't say I've even tried fly, I think I may drown
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.