2012 Vitruvian Tri

Relay members needed!

19 messages
09/08/2012 at 11:58

Hi all *wave* I know it's been a while since I stuck my head in, but life has just been very very very busy recently!  Should all calm down a bit shortly so I can have a catchup on what everyone has been up to, but until then....

I had entered Vitruvian Tri as an individual this year.  However; a little bike accident & broken shoulder sort of got in the way of that plan & as I've only just got back in the pool this week there is no way that I will be able to do it on my own.  So, rather than pull out are there any folks out there who want to do it as a relay with me??  I will be able to do the bike so am looking for a swimmer & runner....

09/08/2012 at 12:14

Might be able to help out, depends on the date though!

09/08/2012 at 12:21

Oops, sorry, I guess a few more details might help!!

It's 70.3 distance & is on Sat 8 September near Leicester.

09/08/2012 at 12:37

OK in that  case yes I can help out, assuming you can change your entry to a relay. If you put me down for the swim! I'm not particularly fast though!! Probably about 45 mins for the swim!! 

I've got the Glasgow half marathon the weekend before, I think I'd be pushing my luck to do 2 half marathons inside a week!

09/08/2012 at 14:31
Hi Shas79 I'm interested in the run part too Im not fast either 2hrs 7 my best but would be nearer 2hrs 20. I'm training for the Marafun round Rutland in November so would be good as part of my training. Pm me if you want let me know more details.
09/08/2012 at 18:53
Or little sister Shas and cake relay
Doner Kebab    pirate
09/08/2012 at 18:54

ST - the vit run course wont be anygood for a recce for the mara - even though its a part of hte same course the Vit is run on the dam mainly so doesnt take in all up and downs and trail parts, its basically a road half mara, in fact some road halfs are more hilly

09/08/2012 at 20:28
Cheers Doner, looks like its yours Cake
Running Postie    pirate
10/08/2012 at 16:32

any excuse there cake!

Running Postie    pirate
10/08/2012 at 18:18

lol

14/08/2012 at 08:09

So Little Sis is good for the swim but still looking for a runner if there are any takers...?  I might throw a post on one of the other forums too (scary to go outside the triathlon forum safety net I know, but sometimes you just gotta do it!!).

Cake - I'm really not fussed on times at all if you did want to do it, but if you have to attend to teddy bear duties then you gotta do what you gotta do

14/08/2012 at 18:21

If anything happens nearer date and you need a swimmer, give me a shout. Im fairly local and will be at event anyway, so can swim at short notice.

Im rubbish at running so you would not want me for that.

15/08/2012 at 20:43

I would be up for swimming and intend to be supporting anyway.

21/08/2012 at 11:05

Just a quick message to say after a bit more digging found someone through a friend of a friend that lives nice & close in Leicester and is available so all sorted now, but thankyou to all for your help, much appreciated!!

Doner Kebab    pirate
27/08/2012 at 01:11

less than 2 weeks away now and theres one fat arsed pirate that needs to lose some lard for the big day or I may do worse than last year, just had a look at the start list - good to see a few familiar faces down there, If Melli can slow up a bit and if Nicko can look like hes really trying to catch me (he always looks too comfy)  it would be much appreciated, I dont want to look too bad.

Running Postie    pirate
27/08/2012 at 11:37

Melli needs to slow up enough so I can get within 115% of her finishing time....please (assuming she wins our AG) I just expect some serious High 5's on the run route from all you!

IronCat5    pirate
27/08/2012 at 11:43
Running Postie wrote (see)

Melli needs to slow up enough so I can get within 115% of her finishing time....please (assuming she wins our AG) I just expect some serious High 5's on the run route from all you!

Is the Vit a qualifier for anything? If so, good luck.

Does middle distance have proper qualifiers, or is it the dark art or 'equivalent performances'?

Doner Kebab    pirate
27/08/2012 at 12:00

115% for worlds, 120% for euro of your AG winner for long distance - any big race thats HIM and over is a qualifier, easy for Running Postie (F40) - practically impossible for me (M40)  

Edited: 27/08/2012 at 12:02
Running Postie    pirate
27/08/2012 at 18:57

easy he says! we will see....bricking it now!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
19 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.