2013 Events

What have people signed up for?

1 to 20 of 62 messages
06/12/2012 at 07:28
Now we are getting near the end of another year what events have people signed up/planning on signing up for in 2013? Not just Tri but any cycling, running, swimming or all 3
06/12/2012 at 09:06

Pontypool Home Run 10k - February

Blaenavon Triathlon (Oly) - May

Grafman (Half IM) - June

Ironman UK - August

Survival of the Fittest (Cardiff) - October

And probably a few more here and there.  Depending on how August goes, might do another marathon later in the year. 

06/12/2012 at 09:33

My intention (although I haven't actually entered yet) is to start the year with the Benfleet 15 in January.

An idea has just popped into my head, maybe do one event a month through the year?  

Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
06/12/2012 at 12:08

BASF bike tour 5 May

Tri-Pfalz Olympic tri 12 May

Sonnenhut sprint tri 26 May

Challenge Vichy Half 1 September

Dustboy    pirate
06/12/2012 at 15:39

Hmm, not signed up for owt but couple of club sprint tris plus maybe Stratford Sprint in May, Cambridge Oly, Saffers' club tri which was great, Brighton Marina and possibly sumat half distance around July that I can enter at reasonably short notice.

06/12/2012 at 16:42
  • Llanelli half mara - March
  • Llanelli mara - April
  • Pirate DIY HIM - May
  • Deva standard - June
  • Bala HIM - June
  • Outlaw - July
  • Concorde sprint tri - July/Aug
  • IM Wales - Sep
  • Cardiff half mara - Oct

Plus I may try and do the odd sportive if possible, that is the plan anyway

seren nos    pirate
06/12/2012 at 16:52

broke.those are soo similar to my plans.are you stalking me

seren nos    pirate
06/12/2012 at 16:53

but i'm doing a different June race

06/12/2012 at 16:56

Was the Cardiff half better this year?  I ran it last year and it was BORING, 5 miles along dual carriageway, so I didn't bother this year.

seren nos    pirate
06/12/2012 at 17:39

I'm not doing the cardiff half..........I'm stoping after September

I hated the cardiff half when i did it years ago and i haven't read anything in the years since that have made me want to go back and redo it

VT'd    pirate
06/12/2012 at 18:15

So far, I have planned in:

April - Half Marathon
May - 2 x Sprints + Half IM
Jun - Derry Marathon
July - IMCH
Aug - Half Ireman
Sept - Nothing as yet and maybe soley dedicated for training for Dublin Marathon
Oct - Dublin Marathon

If I manage to stay well and un-injured, my diary will fit in a couple more half marathons plus a standard tri and a few shorter road races. 

06/12/2012 at 18:31

I have done Cardiff half for the last 4 years, this years course was the best yet IMO, but knowing Cardiff they will change it again for next year. The dual carrige way section has gone and it started at Cardiff castle and finished at City hall. I enjoyed this years course.

Damn Seren your on to me, will have to change my June plan and do Enduroman instead of Bala. 

06/12/2012 at 20:01

March Farnham Tri Ironman training weekend weekend - Swim Friday, ride saturday, run sunday.
April - Evans Ride It in Working 60 mile bike
May - Pirate DIY half
July - Dartford Mid Nightman (half)

Still have a few more things to add to the plan, but thats almost it for my first year doing Tri

07/12/2012 at 12:42

I've signed up for:

South Africa Ironman - April 14th

Lanzarote Ironman - May 18th

Uk Half - June 16th

Zurich Ironman - July 28th

Uk Ironman - August 4th

Daft doing 2 IMs in the space of 7/8 days but had already entered for Zurich for 2013 when I crashed out of IMUK this year.  All the family where there and told me I had to do it next year

08/12/2012 at 20:09

Sussex marathon - April

Southwell sprint tri - May

Outlaw half - June

Dambuster oly tri - June

Woodhall spa sprint tri - July

great notts bike ride - July (not sure what distance, may just do the 19 miles with the kids)

Wild boar HIM - Sept

Southwell sprint tri - Sept

Not sure I will manage the marathon in April - still recovering from a knee problem but I'll see how it goes, may swap to the half mara if needs be

probably do some 10ks and maybe some sportives

Doner Kebab    pirate
09/12/2012 at 09:36

feb - london ultra
april - lincoln 10k and a midland sprint tri
may - prob the pirate DIY and a midland sprint
june - enduro double iron and southdowns way 100 mile run
july - Outlaw and thunder run
aug - the grimreaper and the vitruvian

ill do a few more ultras and whatever i have the time/strength/money to do inbetween 

09/12/2012 at 12:44

oh, and I keep forgetting the outlaw run leg!

Rafiki    pirate
09/12/2012 at 12:45

DK - you doing Thunder Run solo?

seren nos    pirate
09/12/2012 at 12:50
mathschick wrote (see)

oh, and I keep forgetting the outlaw run leg!

you know your racing calender is getting a bit hectic when you forget to put in a mere marathon

09/12/2012 at 12:52

seren - either that or old age is taking its toll on my memory!

1 to 20 of 62 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.