2013 IM Mentoring

.....for those happy to help and those who want help

321 to 340 of 375 messages
kittenkat    pirate
03/09/2012 at 20:36

I also might be lying about the house in Italy

VT'd    pirate
03/09/2012 at 21:16

LOL @ KK, a scary good cop/bad cop mentor. 

Blisters    pirate
04/09/2012 at 00:29

KK, I wasn't making a dig at you, I know that you are

A) busy
B) trying to keep your own life balanced with some training thrown in

and

C) NOT MY MENTOR

I was typing an open feedback report to someone who's big enough and ugly enough to stand up for himself.
As you were.....

kittenkat    pirate
04/09/2012 at 15:10

It's ok, I didn't take it as a dig.

I've just written a whole job application in world record time, so need a run!

Actually the world record bit might be an exaggeration.

Stoatally Different    pirate
13/09/2012 at 22:41

Right, I've entered Outlaw.

I've got a few books just arrived from Amazon - Iron fit, 24 week ironman training, total immersion, chrissie wellington and a few others.

Anyone willing to take an enthusiastic IM newbie under their wing? So far I've done up ti HIM (albeit slowly) so looking to pop my cherry and see how I can do

13/09/2012 at 23:28

Have I arrived too late to find a spare mentor?

The Evil Pixie    pirate
14/09/2012 at 06:38

Matt I've entered bought Iron fit, got Chrissie's book, Going Long, Swim Immersions ...... and I thought it was the kit that was expensive!

14/09/2012 at 17:56

Matt you have mail.

M...eldy    pirate
14/09/2012 at 18:53

Crow Bag - we seem to know little about you and poss vice versa

Hang around the forums, get to know people, tell us a bit about yourself and you will find that you will get to know who you can work with ....this seems to have worked in the past
Pick a thread (current flavour would be the Fatman to Ironman thread) and join in the discussions

Someone will look after you 

Monique    pirate
21/09/2012 at 09:50

I've not been on for ages but am happy to mentor. I do answer emails and texts honest. Having retired from all things triathlon related in rather abrupt style at Avon Tyrrell this June I have turned my attention to gardening and chutney manufacture.

If you are the type of person who no one will coach because " You would be a nightmare".

If you dream of qualifying for Hawaii, but are equally likely to be distracted by an invite to enter the coal carrying word championship the week before an important race.

If you don't believe abstinence makes you a better athlete.

If you can hold a sensible converstion about brassica defense and have a few courgette recipes up your sleeve.

Then it could be a fruitful arrangement (for my veg at least).

If you are none of the above then it wouldn't matter I  get along with pretty much anyone.

WildWill    pirate
21/09/2012 at 09:52

seren nos    pirate
21/09/2012 at 10:23

did any one else read moniques post to the tune of..... If you like pinacolados..and getting caught in the rain

flyaway    pirate
21/09/2012 at 10:24

I had a mentee, but she's decided she's got better things to do, so I am also free to take someone on. I would prefer to mentor someone I have at least met, but I dont mind a newbie, or someone with a couple under their belts.

TR
21/09/2012 at 12:09

Blisters could have Monique as well as the Silent one as mentors or more like menthols !

Edited: 21/09/2012 at 12:10
Doner Kebab    pirate
23/09/2012 at 00:02

i dont know if i need mentoring, i probably just need a good slap

The Silent Assassin    pirate
23/09/2012 at 10:37
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

i dont know if i need mentoring, i probably just need a good slap

depends on if you would listen!

23/09/2012 at 18:47
Hiya everyone,

Currently in the market for a mentor if anyone's available and willing to help.

40 year old Yorkshire bloke (probably having a mid life crisis) who's entered for the Outlaw next year having never done a triathlon before...

Preparation thus far has been 20 years of drinking and smoking followed by 1 year of not drinking, not smoking and some swimming, running and cycling.

Got my first Triathlon booked early October (Holmfirth Sprint) so no idea what to expect. Read a few books by so-called experts and a couple by self-admitted non experts which have inspired me to 'go long'.

Am up for the challenge so just need someone help me along the way. All offers welcome!
Monique    pirate
24/09/2012 at 11:19

Doner Kebab I can do slapping.

Monique    pirate
24/09/2012 at 11:19

That didn't sound intimidating, much.

24/09/2012 at 14:36
Hi Cake, thanks for the reply. I don't think any of the Elites will be quaking in their trainers just yet. I think the best way to describe what I want to do is 'my best' - whatever that is...
If I can get round in one piece in 16h 59s then brilliant. If I can get round quicker, then even better.
To be honest, I don't know what I'm capable of doing yet...will deffo take you up on your offer of putting some miles in. Cheers.
321 to 340 of 375 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.