2013 IM Mentoring

.....for those happy to help and those who want help

341 to 360 of 375 messages
24/09/2012 at 14:41
Forgot to say, I'll be doing the Fink competitive programme hopefully (cos it's the only programme I've read and it seemed to make sense to me). Gonna spend the next couple of months getting myself upto a level of fitness that I can cope with the training schedule in early December
purpletrilady    pirate
24/09/2012 at 15:43
Monique wrote (see)

Doner Kebab I can do slapping.

I think you would make an excellent mentor for DK 

24/09/2012 at 18:54

Hi JD2, I can't fulfil your mentor requirment but sounds like you're in a similar boat to me (and no doubt a few others). Outlaw will by my first long distance race, will be using Fink (although the intermediate plan) and will be tootling round Last of the Summer Tri in a couple of weeks.

Last year there was a thread called Fink for Outlaw (or something similar), whereby people could come for support / questions. I'm hoping it will be another fixture for 2013.

24/09/2012 at 20:49
Cheers Cake, settings updated to accept messages. You must be psychic! How did you know about my cr@p swimming!! Just joined local gym with a pool as it was sooooo bad. Need to get a couple of swim lessons in first I think as everyone says its mainly technique.

Hiya Stanners, might do a search for the Fink thread and see what I can glean out of it and resurrect it again for this year. Drop me a PM when you get your race number for last of the summer tri and I'll look out for you and say hi.
Doner Kebab    pirate
25/09/2012 at 01:45

monique - if your down at AT next year you can slap me every time i stop for a break longer than 10 minutes and remind me that that the double is a piece of piss  

PTL - i dont think i could put anyone through mentoring me, if they wasnt grey, bitter and twisted at the start they would be by race day 

25/09/2012 at 11:29
25/09/2012 at 16:25

ta RM will take a look

Monique    pirate
05/10/2012 at 14:55

DK- You underestimate what I can  put up with, so message me if you still haven't found a mentor, I would love to see you do the double.

The Silent Assassin    pirate
05/10/2012 at 15:42

I do have to say that DK and Monique would be a perfect fit

Doner Kebab    pirate
05/10/2012 at 20:22

pm sent - now this scares me more than the event

05/10/2012 at 20:43

Doner's doing the Deca.... and he doesn't event know it yet!! 

05/10/2012 at 20:44
Doner Kebab wrote (see)

monique - if your down at AT next year you can slap me every time i stop for a break longer than 10 minutes and remind me that that the double is a piece of piss  

PTL - i dont think i could put anyone through mentoring me, if they wasnt grey, bitter and twisted at the start they would be by race day 

DK, who said anything about stopping??

purpletrilady    pirate
05/10/2012 at 20:49
Gladys.... My thoughts exactly
purpletrilady    pirate
05/10/2012 at 20:50
Chilliboy70 - are you joining us ?
05/10/2012 at 22:09

purpletrilady    pirate
06/10/2012 at 07:06
You know you want too .....
Edited: 06/10/2012 at 07:07
Kanga M    pirate
06/10/2012 at 08:28

Can I skip the whole mentoring thing, and just hire a surrogate Ironbod to do the race for me and I'll keep up my non-training?

Doner Kebab    pirate
08/10/2012 at 00:26
Gladys M. wrote (see)

Doner's doing the Deca.... and he doesn't event know it yet!! 

you know what, i took my time a bit replying to Monique, in all honesty i have only just really got in touch properly.Firstly, i had 2 ultras this week and was considering a mara as well for day 8 but, believe it or not, i bottled it. i just didnt know what my legs would be like after running over 100 miles in 6 days but funnily enough they are fine. 

Secondly, i sort of knew by what everyone saying, that Mon must be a bit of an idi.....  well lets just say, a special person too

I bet she knows that im going to be doing the triple next year and the deca the year after or doing something equally as silly. Maybe i should just ask you guys what my next 3 years is going to involve

It has been an amazing trip getting from being a lazy git to an ultra running ironman but its now time to get focused and really train seriously, yea, i put the hours in last year but i didnt really train smartly, i half heartedly did my HR training and my intervals and sort of ate right sometimes and admittedly i got some OKish results, I think if I can get some focus by the way of someone breathing down my neck i may be able to improve significantly,  the last 3 or 4 weeks has seen a massive (ok, 4%) improvement in my running efficiency, thats before i did the ultras. i reckon a mentor has come along at the right time and i really would be an idiot to ignore the offer. looking forward to next seasons results  

08/10/2012 at 12:28

Purple, I'm sticking to short next year but thinking about 2014

08/10/2012 at 12:56

Cake I know I want to, however I had a great time this year at AT but I've decided on the more local, sprint maybe Olympic distances for next year. The double can wait

341 to 360 of 375 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.