2013 IM Mentoring

.....for those happy to help and those who want help

101 to 120 of 375 messages
06/07/2012 at 14:12

Thank you Seren, that is VERY encouraging.  Is your mentee (is that a word) list full?

kittenkat    pirate
06/07/2012 at 14:17
Tired Badger wrote (see)

Maybe someone good at lists could update the list of newbies and their mentors, or nebies that still require a mentor.

That's probably a good idea. Who still doesn't have a mentor? Who still wants a mentee?

I can't take on anyone else, but there are  lots of us still with spaces I'm sure.

ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
06/07/2012 at 14:21
1. IronHolgs & Gastank
06/07/2012 at 14:22

PL- a 'get you round' might look something like:

Swim 2 hours
Bike 8 hours (112/8=14 mph average)
Run 6 hours
Adding in transitions then that'll get you a 16:xx something.

I think you're possibly getting a bit ahead of yourself in the worry stakes.  If I'd told you that you had to run a marathon after only a few weeks of running you'd have said no (I guess), so trying to judge whether you are capable of covering 112 miles at 14mph at this stage is too early.  Ditto with the swimming.  The more you do the better you will get. 

That said, the IMW bike course is an absolute b*****d.  If you do want specifically do IMW in preference to any other iron distance you will need to find lots of hills to practice on. 

Edit: x-post with Seren, but relieved we didn't flat contradict each other

Edited: 06/07/2012 at 14:23
oii
06/07/2012 at 14:25

i need one!!!! i have only just seen kk's one space left post

Tired Badger    pirate
06/07/2012 at 14:26
  1. IronHolgs & Gastank
  2. Tired Badger &
kittenkat    pirate
06/07/2012 at 14:26
oii wrote (see)

i need one!!!! i have only just seen kk's one space left post

I'll take you on, I can squeeze one more in, especially now I've finished work for the summer

06/07/2012 at 14:29

Thanks FF - you're right it is a bit premature and I take your point.  I guess I just asked at this point as if the answer was "err, you are off your head, no way" then I wouldn't bother trying to sell myself (so to speak ) to any mentor

I do wonder why it is IMW that tugs at me - I watched the trailer that they had before the first one and I just remember watching it over and over thinking I wanted to do it, and I wanted to do it there.

I have told Mr PL that we need lots of trips to Tenby with my/our bikes.  He didn't think I was totally joking, but I'm not sure he realised how serious I was being!

06/07/2012 at 14:31

1.IronHolgs & Gastank
2.Tired Badger &
3. Princess Leah (and possibly Britrisky) &

06/07/2012 at 14:33
kittenkat    pirate
06/07/2012 at 14:47

oii, you have PM

06/07/2012 at 14:50

looks like Razor is sorted...

seren nos    pirate
06/07/2012 at 14:55

PL....you can PM me if you want.but a warning.my only DNF was last year at wales...........i will be back and it will not get me next time.........

Nurse Ratched    pirate
06/07/2012 at 15:24
Tired Badger wrote (see)

Maybe someone good at lists could update the list of newbies and their mentors, or nebies that still require a mentor.

You're out of luck TB.  There's no-one on this forum who's good with lists.............

oii
06/07/2012 at 15:25

so excited!!!! Thank you so much kk!!!!

Nurse Ratched    pirate
06/07/2012 at 15:26
ET7 wrote (see)
KK..cheers for the coffee and sound advice...I'm thinking more 'yes i can do this' rather than 'oh shit' at the minute...guess that will change! Be good if your other mentee was south west based as well...though guess its not vital. Think I read somewhere that Nurse ratchet is looking for mentor and is based this way....someone also posted that she likes cake and Chardonnay ... Winner in my book!

Cake - tick

Chardonnay - tick

Based in Scottish Borders.

06/07/2012 at 15:41
seren nos wrote (see)

PL....you can PM me if you want.but a warning.my only DNF was last year at wales...........i will be back and it will not get me next time.........

Have just PM'd you - hope it worked!

kittenkat    pirate
06/07/2012 at 16:09
Nurse Ratched (Baconlube CEO) wrote (see)
ET7 wrote (see)
KK..cheers for the coffee and sound advice...I'm thinking more 'yes i can do this' rather than 'oh shit' at the minute...guess that will change! Be good if your other mentee was south west based as well...though guess its not vital. Think I read somewhere that Nurse ratchet is looking for mentor and is based this way....someone also posted that she likes cake and Chardonnay ... Winner in my book!

Cake - tick

Chardonnay - tick

Based in Scottish Borders.

Which is very close to Devon

Ironholgs    pirate
06/07/2012 at 16:30

Hope your mentoring is better than your geography kk

06/07/2012 at 17:04

OK, if I haven't scared the brave souls off that have already PM'd me I am full up. Roll on 2013, the pair of them just need to decide what race now

101 to 120 of 375 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.