2013 Outlaw Bike Feed/Support Thread

Volunteers, please: the more, the merrier

181 to 200 of 984 messages
04/05/2013 at 09:26

Rules of Pirate camping:

1. Do not pitch you tent anywhere near Barley's!
  2. Do not pitch you tent anywhere near Barley's!
  3. Do not leave a bottle of white wine lying around in case it is mistaken for a mallet!
  4. If you see Barley trying to light a BBQ be very afraid!
  5. If you bring bread, Seren will bring the toaster!

What have I missed??

Edited: 04/05/2013 at 09:27
The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/05/2013 at 14:31

hello lovely people

are cars parked near tents? being short and having a big boot I'm actually wondering if it will be warmer/more comfy in the car than a tent. Plus not sure if I can manage to take a tent down at 6:30 post IM!

Still hoping to get the Monday off school if I can

Trogs    pirate
04/05/2013 at 15:18

Yes Pix, campers get to park next to/near tents.  Had had similar thoughts if it's as cool as it was last year. 

If you've got to be away early on Monday, if you asked around nicely, I'm sure you could leave  your tent and someone would strike it for you and get it back to you somehow

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/05/2013 at 15:27

Cool Trogs *wonders when Fraggle is going home*

mind you sunday night I'll have my bike unlike Saturday night!

Rafiki    pirate
04/05/2013 at 16:42

EP - do you live near Fraggle then - as she's not that far from me so I may be able to help.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
04/05/2013 at 16:50

no I'm not far from Nottingham but my folks live in reading

Mr StOat    pirate
04/05/2013 at 19:01

Feed station

Barley 
Fraggle 
Iron Little Sister mathschick 
Meldy 
MM and wife 
Mouse 
Mr Zuvai 
Mrs Digger
Mrs Matt (part of the day as she also needs to shout at 7755matt a bit)
Mrs SA + Jordy Muffin 
Rafiki 
Ridgebackmax 
Shuffling 
Slowerthanilook 
Soup Dragon 
SuckitupButterCup 
Trogs 
Hope
Garr
mathschick

Camping

7755matt and Mrs Matt
Hope
Schmunks
Barley
Meldy
Mouse
Rafi
Ridgebackmax
Mrs Digger
Iron Little Sister
Frags
Soupy

05/05/2013 at 09:45

Feed station

Barley 
Fraggle 
Iron Little Sister mathschick 
Meldy 
MM and wife 
Mouse 
Mr Zuvai 
Mrs Digger
Mrs Matt (part of the day as she also needs to shout at 7755matt a bit)
Mrs SA + Jordy Muffin 
Rafiki 
Ridgebackmax 
Shuffling 
Slowerthanilook 
Soup Dragon 
SuckitupButterCup 
Trogs 
Hope
Garr
mathschick

Camping

7755matt and Mrs Matt
Hope
Schmunks
Barley
Meldy
Mouse
Rafi
Ridgebackmax
Mrs Digger
Iron Little Sister
Frags
Soupy
Shuffling

08/05/2013 at 17:25

Thats a lot of feeders!  is the bike and run feed stations at the same place?

08/05/2013 at 17:31

hehehe Feeders well done Ozzy

Razor51    pirate
08/05/2013 at 18:05

Ozzie

No, the bike feed station needs lots of peeps to set everything up mix the high5 and when the cyclists come through you need 2 peeps on each of water, High 5, gels, bananas and special needs and also peeps to give the others a break because its a long day, I did it last year, started at 6 am and left about 3 pm, I think the last to leave was about 5pm. It's a great atmosphere on the feed station but its hard but enjoyable work and its non stop, 

Edited: 08/05/2013 at 18:06
08/05/2013 at 18:12

Seeing a happy face giving me good things to eat and drink made all the difference last weekend - I was definately happy to see those stations!  

08/05/2013 at 18:20

Are we able to leave our own drinks at the feed station labelled accordingly as my stomache does not agree with high 5.  SIS seems to work for me.  I can imagine it being non stop as there are so many pirates doing outlaw.

Rafiki    pirate
08/05/2013 at 19:29

Ozzy - I would check the rules on Outlaw, but it might be seen as outside help.

Plus there are several feed station - 3 or 4 on the bike course I seem to remember from last year, which you go through twice, and several more on the run course - so I think you can see how complicated this would get if everyone had their own drinks. But check with the organisers - something might be possible.

IronCat5    pirate
08/05/2013 at 19:44

I think last year there was a special needs station you could put stuff at.

M...eldy    pirate
08/05/2013 at 19:48

If you dont agree with High5, or it doesnt agree with you then I would stick to water and supplement with something else so that you control what you take on board

I doubt if you would be able to put your own drinks on the aid station as this sets a precedent for others and would not be manageable on the stations in my opinion

The Evil Pixie    pirate
08/05/2013 at 19:52

hey lovely experienced folks is it just water or sports drinks fluid wise as I use the high 5 Zero tabs (electrolyte stuff) and find I drink more of that than if I have the sports drink?

Otherwise I will have to carry my tabs and stop to add them to water!

IronCat5    pirate
08/05/2013 at 19:53

Last year was HIgh5 2:1 on the bike, and 2:1 and zero on the run.

Razor51    pirate
08/05/2013 at 20:16

Ozzie, like Cat said you could always leave your stuff in your special needs bag at the feed station, dont know how many special needs bags you can lezve around the course though.

Rafiki    pirate
08/05/2013 at 20:27

My understanding is there is only one 'special needs' bag, which last year was at the feed stationed manned by the Pirates - which was about mile 61 and 83 (ish) on the bike course.

181 to 200 of 984 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.