2013 Outlaw Bike Feed/Support Thread

Volunteers, please: the more, the merrier

21 to 40 of 984 messages
15/01/2013 at 10:01

I drove there Mouse. The roads weren't closed and there was a bit of a yard area for parking, but it depends on where they put us this year as it could well be somewhere different. If its hard to get to I'm sure between us we can work out lifts and things. A couple of people biked there so yes thats also an option. I wouldn't worry about it till we know where we will be based, especially as the bike route is being altered this year. 

The Silent Assassin    pirate
15/01/2013 at 10:04

Mouse

I rang OSB several moths before and asked the question about if you marshal do you get free swim and they said yes, but to call back nearer the time and register. This was done, all you need is to have an email account registered with OSB which you will have as you did Outlaw last year. You do have to request that you go on the pirate feed station and also request what swim distance you want to do.

Re the venue

If its the same as last year, we (Rafiki, in case the police are watching) opened a gate to a unused old farm house and everyone parked there and I don't think any of the roads where closed

seren nos    pirate
15/01/2013 at 10:25

i just phoned them a couple of days before and sked to go on the free swim and they sorted it

15/01/2013 at 10:36

Thank you all. I just like to know 'stuff'.  Not so much focussing on the financials, more the logistics.

15/01/2013 at 10:38

sadly we are not going to be at Outlaw this year - refereeing duties are keeping us close to home that weekend at the Sussex Tri Festival

have fun

Rafiki    pirate
15/01/2013 at 12:51
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

If its the same as last year, we (Rafiki, in case the police are watching) opened a gate to a unused old farm house and everyone parked there and I don't think any of the roads where closed

I ain't say nuffin till i spoke to my lawyer! And my finger prints ain't on that shoppin trolley we stole either!!

15/01/2013 at 13:00

Lee the Pea    pirate
15/01/2013 at 13:05

Hahahaha, I forgot about the trolley!!!  I was about to put my name on the list until i remembered i'm actually running in a relay team, so best hang around transition  (in case I can't get back in time....I don't want the stress!)

iron fraggle    pirate
15/01/2013 at 16:00

count me in - hopefully it won't be as bliddy freezing this year

Volunteers

Barley
Rafiki
Mrs Digger
Mr Zuvai
Soup Dragon
Meldy
Muffin
Slowerthanilook
Mouse
Fraggle

M...eldy    pirate
15/01/2013 at 16:30
Rafiki wrote (see)
The Silent Assassin wrote (see)

I ain't say nuffin till i spoke to my lawyer! And my finger prints ain't on that shoppin trolley we stole either!!

Ohhhhhh yes they were    

15/01/2013 at 19:23

I'm gutted that I can't make it this year.  I need to concentrate on my swimming and there is a training camp that week that I'm booked onto.  Sorry guys but this year my goals come first.

Razor51    pirate
15/01/2013 at 22:01
I rubbed my prints off but left yours on Raf
Rafiki    pirate
18/01/2013 at 11:27

Its a fit up Guv!! I's innocent I tell you!!

But in all seriousness, this is a great weekend and a great way to meet other Pirates - and as an added bonus  Gastank won't be there this year as he getting married or some other poor excuse!

18/01/2013 at 11:29

Still working out logistics and if we can move other other stuff around before we commit

Edited: 18/01/2013 at 11:29
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
19/01/2013 at 19:05

Thank you to all those volunteers so far, im sure we'll have a fab time this year.

Every year we've had fantastic comments from OSB and the other athletes, its great to give something back to the sport.

I dont have much time to post at the moment as hyper busy at work but hoping that will change soon.

19/01/2013 at 22:25
Iron Muffin wrote (see)

Volunteers

Barley
Rafiki
Mrs Digger
Mr Zuvai
Soup Dragon
Meldy
Muffin
Slowerthanilook

Count me and slower in. Only one of us on the station at a time as we will relay the ankle biters

Muffin, Mrs Stanners may well come over and help out with our 2 little ladies, it has only been 10 years after all  (doing Silent Assassin's DIY half to celebrate on our anniversary)

Nurse Ratched    pirate
21/01/2013 at 08:11

Volunteers

Barley
Rafiki - in his kilt.  Please.  
Mrs Digger
Mr Zuvai
Soup Dragon
Meldy
Muffin
Slowerthanilook

Rafiki    pirate
21/01/2013 at 08:17

that may distract too many of the lady cyclists

Edited: 21/01/2013 at 08:17
Nurse Ratched    pirate
21/01/2013 at 10:23

That's the plan.  Something to distract me from the suffering.

Rafiki    pirate
21/01/2013 at 11:58

There will be plenty of things to distract you, cheer you up and generally keep you going at the Pirate Feed station - that's why we're the best feed station!!   

21 to 40 of 984 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.