30th Blaenafon Tri 12 May

61 to 65 of 65 messages
13/05/2013 at 10:19

Knocked 25 seconds off my 400 pb time in the first 400 (6:20) and would have set a new pb for the second 400m if I hadn't of already set it in the first 400. No wonder I was absolutely knackered when I came out of the pool and just wanted to be sick, took a while to recover on the bike, the trouble is by the time I recovered the bloody hills started coming and coming.

Hats off to all the marshalls, especially the ones up the top, absolutely horrible conditions up there.

Great to meet you Tim and Slugs

13/05/2013 at 10:54
seren nos    pirate
13/05/2013 at 14:32

good report DimTim

seren nos    pirate
13/05/2013 at 20:40

Forgot to say it was great to get some support from pebbles yesterday at Blaenavon......

not sure if DTT and BTT managed to meet him a she was gone at the end.....

he is one of the older pirates who one of the pirate awards is named after......he is brilliant on the bike..but don't mention the run afterwards

15/05/2013 at 09:34

Congratualtions to all the Pirates for racing in pretty horrendous conditions and fantastic performances. Great to meet you BrokeButTri'ing.

Haven't talked to Pebble for quite a while so had a quick chat with him poolside between race briefs.

Thanks also to Pingu for her help on the swim (Good luck next week end - hammer it!)

Do I mention navigation Seren? But see you can crack this swim thing, its a good job we had lane ropes or who knows which direction you'd have swum.

Great write up DimTim, yes I know the legs hurt, but it wasn't so bad was it? You cracked it though thats the important bit. Big step forward on your journey.

Bleanafon number 30 done and almost completed. Will there be a number 31? who knows we'll see how issues develope over the next few months. Cardiff Tri Club are certainly interested in keeping the race, as you could see by the numbers they had at this years race, so support from within NEWT & from several sources outside.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 65 of 65 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.