5:2 fasting diet - any experiences/views?

61 to 68 of 68 messages
22/02/2013 at 16:53

great blog post sarah thanks - tried to comment but couldnt.  Anyone any thoughts on two consecutive days?  Mon and Tues easier for me...  Did it this week and Tues was much harder than mon - didnt notice much on mon - small oaty bowl am, raw salad veggies lunch and steamed fish and bok choi for tea...  was hungry tues but lots of veggie soup was ok.  Found my wednesday am short run a bit tough and light headed though - might try half a banana pre run next time so i dont feel so hypoglycaemic...  

22/02/2013 at 17:37

I have done it on Mon / Wed  / Fri... I've loved it BUT because I am a hoover when it comes to food and it has stopped me eating left overs at every opportunity. Got to say that I have been drinking lots of coffee. Feel like it's reined me in and is probably ensuring that across the week I just eat what I should rather than more. Felt light and fast on 'fast days'. Have followed the 'save yourself for a late as poss' also, eating after 3pm on fast days and therefore timing it before training.

Have found it versatile and tending to fuel well and not wanting to sabotage on ordinary days. Definitely the first time that I have thought this is a 'way of eating' rather than a diet. Doable without much thought.

14/03/2013 at 21:10
I was lurking on here and I wondered if there were any updates on progress etc now that most of you have been doing it for almost a month?
14/03/2013 at 21:22

Hi Schmunks  - I've lapsed a bit because I'm doing some sort of training most days. But Mr Soup is still managing at least one day, mostly 2 on restricted calories and is doing well. He's lost a bit of weight despite doing very little exercise this last couple of months.  He doesn't mind the fasting days at all now 

15/03/2013 at 17:44

Have definitely 'got bored of that' - HOWEVER VERY successful as a 'budger' of those extra pounds and a boost to get on a more organised / sensible eating habbit. Must say also, I still remember feeling great training following a fasting day.

I think for me this is worth doing a couple of weeks out of every 6/7 reigns things in  - wouldn't want to keep it up AND build up training without someone knowledgeable 'supervising'  -

Hey Schmunkee - love your Angelica! My all time hero... 'because I say so' - a line not used often enough (but frequently by me!)

15/03/2013 at 17:50

You dumb Baay-bees!

Doner Kebab    pirate
15/03/2013 at 20:23

my 5:2 diet was 5 parts doner to 2 part chips - worked a treat 

18/03/2013 at 13:13

Began toda so will see how it goes and the next day will be Wdnesday.  Need to lose a bit of weight but today was a bad day to start, there are cake sin the office.  That's just cruel.

I hope over time it will help withe the running and improving the times.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 68 of 68 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.