18/08/2012 at 23:16

Sound like it could be a good day out

Iron Muffin    pirate
19/08/2012 at 08:29

This looks fab and fits the criteria for an event in school holidays

Any ideas or info on accomodation?

purpletrilady    pirate
19/08/2012 at 10:01

It does look fab. Would be a great weekend away.

Rafiki    pirate
19/08/2012 at 14:35
TheEngineer wrote (see)

I'd be tempted but it's getting there that would throw me... aybody driving from London?

EDIT: Or wanna go halves on borrowing a van? 

I'll be driving from Reading way no doubt, happy to pick you up en route... (see, the last bit was in French you know, getting into the spirit of all already!)

19/08/2012 at 18:54

Some guys from my tri club are doing the IM this year so I'll see what they have to say about it as it's only a short hop across the water for us

I'll feedback anything of interest and possibly maybe put me maybe on a list

IronCat5    pirate
19/08/2012 at 19:18
Rafiki wrote (see)
TheEngineer wrote (see)

I'd be tempted but it's getting there that would throw me... aybody driving from London?

EDIT: Or wanna go halves on borrowing a van? 

I'll be driving from Reading way no doubt, happy to pick you up en route... (see, the last bit was in French you know, getting into the spirit of all already!)

ROAD TRIP!!!!

20/08/2012 at 10:53

looks like we have a goer then - so stick it in your calendar now so you don't commit to something else instead.  no idea when entries for next year will open but I'll try to keep an eye on the site and let people know

and (if you haven't read the Monaco Tristar thread) - for those asking about med certs, you don't need one if you're a BTF member.  you're covered under a reciprocal agreement,  you only need one if you're not a BTF member as you can't get a day race licence in France without.  but with the costs of trying to get a (non forged) med cert from the GP, it probably works out cheaper to buy BTF membership.  

I'll drop a note to the organisers to see if they have on site camping available like at Outlaw.

20/08/2012 at 10:57

Yay, it's in the diary

20/08/2012 at 13:46

*lurks*

*remembers I've retired*

*delurks*

TheEngineer    pirate
20/08/2012 at 13:50

Ha I'm such an idiot. I thought this thread was about this coming weekend

20/08/2012 at 14:00

nice one TE

stick it in next year's diary instead!

20/08/2012 at 14:17

retired Ditchy?  hahahahahahahahahaha...

Dustboy    pirate
20/08/2012 at 15:58

Mmmm, wonder what French ambulances are like

Iron Muffin    pirate
20/08/2012 at 16:33

Thanks for asking about camping FB. There are some good looking camp sites nearby and the prices for mobile homes look reasonable.

21/08/2012 at 14:32

We stayed near there on the way back from Ironman Switzerland in 2009. Loads of good campsites, a lot of them next to the beach. The beaches are sandy but rather shallow for swimming especially when the tide is out. Dunkirk is a bit industrial with a large oil refinery next to the port.

This is definitely a possibility for next year. Note the 15.5 hour cut-off though.

21/08/2012 at 14:42

They don't do ambulances down there, Dusty. The "Chtr'i" in the event name refers to local slang for an 'ard northern bastard.... a "Cht'i". When I lived over there and needed carting to A&E a couple of times, best I managed was to be picked up by a passing fire engine. Might not be your event, this one, mate!

21/08/2012 at 14:43
Podro wrote (see)

This is definitely a possibility for next year. Note the 15.5 hour cut-off though.

that's assuming you're doing the IM distance....    I think most are looking at the shorter distance ones - so over to you Podro!

btw - have mailed the organiser so waiting for an answer on camping on site

21/08/2012 at 14:48
slowerthanilook wrote (see)

They don't do ambulances down there, Dusty. The "Chtr'i" in the event name refers to local slang for an 'ard northern bastard.... a "Cht'i". When I lived over there and needed carting to A&E a couple of times, best I managed was to be picked up by a passing fire engine. Might not be your event, this one, mate!

les Sapeurs Pompiers - aka Fire Service - are the 1st line medical support for any accidents or emergencies in France and have trained paramedics who come out to any 999 (17 in France) call.  French ambulances tend to be more like private patient carriers and are nothing like UK ambulance services

23/08/2012 at 12:31
fat buddha wrote (see)

that's assuming you're doing the IM distance....    I think most are looking at the shorter distance ones - so over to you Podro!

Shorter distance! It's not a knitting club you know.

23/08/2012 at 12:55
Podro wrote (see)
fat buddha wrote (see)

Shorter distance! It's not a knitting club you know.

no - but it's becoming a faster knitting club 

21 to 40 of 197 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.