A question for non runners

I know, I know, this is Runners World.......

6 messages
31/05/2005 at 16:59
A friend of mine has major problems with her feet that means that she has been told no to try running for at least a year. She would like to know if there are any events that are swim / bike only?

I have had a look on BTA site but all I can see are swim / run (Aquathon) and bike / run (Duathlon) but nothing swim / bike.

This seems strange given the frequency of injury in runners - any ideas or am I looking in the wrong places?
cougie    pirate
31/05/2005 at 17:01
I've seen a couple that are no bike - but thats mainly winter. She could do a relay event I spose, but that's not ideal.

What about just biking ?
31/05/2005 at 17:07
Cheers Cougie - yeah I suggested that but she likes the triathlon atmosphere and is scared off by bike ponces I think - she only does the short distances and only does them "for fun". Her thoughts are that the bike people "take things far too seriously".

The relay suggestion is a good one given my biking prowess...........
oxymoron    pirate
31/05/2005 at 17:12
Griz are you planning a bike ride before Bala?
cougie    pirate
31/05/2005 at 17:17
Yeah - bike ponces do take it all a bit seriously I'm afraid. Mountain biking is a lot easier to get into though ??
31/05/2005 at 17:32
Oxy. I've been planning a bike ride since about October. I <<nervously shifts from foot to foot>> have managed about 20 minutes so far.

Anyway thats a different thread. This is for my friend who can't run - and there are a few of us who have been there before. I can't see why there aren't any (that I can find) swim / bike only events.

I'm looking into Aquathons..........

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.