A Sad Day :'(

For me any way

21 to 29 of 29 messages
26/05/2004 at 17:04
LFW has a good point there WW. Last week I filled out a psycological assesment which was handed out at Chirk, it was on mental approaches to training and competing. Part of it was to filled out by someone who knew your (tri)work.
My evaluation of myself was far lower than that filled out by the counterpart.
Maybe if you put the crate back for a bit and
ask someone else to evaluate your levels of fitness and performance (whose judgement you trust)before you say no
26/05/2004 at 17:11
Other side of coin...

I did an IM once on 3 weeks training (after 3+ month out due to injury) as I had bought tickets, accommodation, etc.

It was one of the most physically, mentally and emotionally draining things I have ever done.

I guess now, retrospectively, I am glad to have done an IM (it was my only one), but that day wiped me for a VERY long time afterwards. It was a really turning point in my journey away from sport at that stage in my life.
26/05/2004 at 17:14
yes, finding the right balance would be the important thing
26/05/2004 at 17:22
Pantman

Some people come away from an Ironman like that after 12 months of training
AndrewSmith    pirate
26/05/2004 at 22:51
stop whining and just do it its only a bloody ironman
27/05/2004 at 00:00
Andrew
I think that is what I was trying to say about 5 messages ago - but your choice of words is far more cuddly, friendly and positive than mine.

Have you ever thought of becoming a sports psychologist?
AndrewSmith    pirate
27/05/2004 at 10:45
mr motivator, thats me.
01/06/2004 at 18:39
Will - as the first person to respond to my first thread on here - waaaay back in 2002 - I give you this advice

If you've made your decision to defer - stick with it, but be positive about it and use the time to train. Don't regret making a wise decision.

Make the next one your best rather than this one your worst mate.
03/06/2004 at 18:21
Have you made a decision, Will?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.