advise for a newbie duathlete

3 messages
15/01/2013 at 11:58

HI All,

Ihave completed one duathlon before about 2 to 3 years ago, back then i had a hybrid bike and just did a fun distance of 5k/10K/5K

I have always been a runner and participate in quite alot of 10K races especially off road ones this winter am completing the human race series.

I am going to book the London Duathlon again this year but the challenge distance of 10K/20K/5K as i have a road bike now.

Any advice on winter training for next couple of months, i am cycling 3-4 miles twice a day in the week and running 3 times a week and doing some resistance work, do you think i should be doing anything else?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks everyone

Hannah

cougie    pirate
15/01/2013 at 12:03

I'd try and get in a longer bike ride. You need to be up to 13 miles - so cycling 4 miles wont be enough. Build up the distance until you're happy riding over the distance, and then you could think of some speed work. 

15/01/2013 at 12:09

+1 with cougs

and do some bike/run brick sessions so you get used to running off the bike

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.