Alcohol and Ironman training

What does everyone do?

41 to 44 of 44 messages
TheEngineer    pirate
30/04/2013 at 15:41

It's usually fine as long as you don't p*ss on your shoes. 

15/05/2013 at 08:24

I've qualified for two Kona IM. I train hard and try to stop drinking for each prep. However, I find that sometimes that it all gets a bit too much and a good slug of booze is all you need to feel relatively normal again. A little bit won't hurt and will make you feel heaps better - which makes training much more fun and easier. I think alcohol and training can be a problem when you drink without properly rehydrating or if it affects your sleep (low dose alcohol is a neuro -stimulant, high dose alcohol is a depressant - which is why when you drink a lot you 'crash out' but later on wake during the night as it is gradually metabolised and the concentration in your blood graudally decreases)

17/05/2013 at 13:02

I try not to drink beer while on the bike as it's too fizzy and makes me belch.  Swimming and running are fine. 

Dustboy    pirate
17/05/2013 at 14:42

Kanga at the bar in Nice was very funny indeed. All a bit hazy but I thiink it was something to do with cricket, That or Doozer's rear hanger. Dunno.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 44 of 44 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.