aldi triathlon suit

is it any good?

12 messages
16/09/2013 at 21:45

Hey, I saw an advert for aldi's cycle specials on the 26th september.

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/coming-soon/cycling/

Is the triathlon stuff any good?

M...eldy    pirate
16/09/2013 at 22:03

It'll be as good as any of their other kit, vale for money & worth a go (but its not Y&B)

16/09/2013 at 22:04

Not sure about the trisuit, but I like the cycling socks. Also the cycling jersey was OK but the jacket had a rear zipped pocket fail after 3 outings.

17/09/2013 at 05:22

It's ok. I had one for my first sprint tri but didn't use it much beyond that.

Tired Badger    pirate
17/09/2013 at 12:33

I use one for winter training on the turbo, but its not great TBH

19/09/2013 at 23:03

You get what you pay for. I bought one last year - worn once, then discarded.

The Silent Assassin    pirate
20/09/2013 at 09:51

I love the Aldi Tri suits, bought 2 last year, use them all the time for training still going strong.

I dont like normal cycling shorts so use tri stuff instead

26/09/2013 at 13:16

I've just been to Aldi and bought some good winter gloves and overshoes, I tried them on as the overshoes are larger than stated, and i got loads of flashy lights to decorate myself during winter rides, there are cheap LED lights (micro led light set) one red one white that have a stretchy band on and can go on your helmet, bike or bag, also got some reflective bands that also have led lights on and can be flashy or constant red £3.99 for set of 4, also got myself an under helmet cap, again over sized as the small medium fit me nicely and I have a huge head, the tri suits look ok and the arm and leg warmers looked good, but I would try before you buy as the sizes are all big

26/09/2013 at 14:32

Will be paying a visit later!  Do they sell stuff to make you faster?

26/09/2013 at 20:33

I hope so as I've just kitted myself out, great value (time will tell I guess)!

27/09/2013 at 10:10

I've had an aldi tri suit for years, proper good stuff, and it's not gone see through yet!

oii
27/09/2013 at 13:59

Havent used the trisuit, but i did make a beeline for my local Aldi last night. Spent £60 on loads of winter training essentials that i can spent the off season trashing and not really minding 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
12 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.