Aldi Winter Cycling Gear

1 to 20 of 41 messages
Tired Badger    pirate
24/09/2012 at 12:17

Thursday 27.09.12, Aldi have their wiinter cycling gear in,

The Silent Assassin    pirate
24/09/2012 at 12:30

Also they have their trisuits in on Thursday, bit late in the season but I'll be getting 2 as great for training

24/09/2012 at 12:34
Tired Badger    pirate
24/09/2012 at 12:35

yes noticed them too £15.00 bargain

24/09/2012 at 12:37
The tri suits are great value for training in. Worth investing now for next yr.
24/09/2012 at 16:21

Was wondering when their stuff would come up as I need a few bits!  Thanks for the heads up Tired Badger

24/09/2012 at 17:53

Bit dubious, but there range looks ok for training gear.  It doesn`t look like you can order online though.

The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/09/2012 at 19:39

i'll be there - their running kit has always been good

can't get there until 6 mind so I hope there is some left!

24/09/2012 at 20:30

hi there, is this stuff worth getting to start out with, only just getting into the whole triathlon scene, and i'm looking to spend as little as possible but at the same time i dont want it to fall apart after one usage!!!

The Evil Pixie    pirate
24/09/2012 at 20:31

I would say yes

24/09/2012 at 20:36
I still have some of their cycling shorts that I got 3 yrs ago and still going strong.
Red_dog_chris    pirate
24/09/2012 at 21:12
I was going to go and buy a cycle jacket but got sidetracked by the diced chicken offer
24/09/2012 at 21:19

got to be worth a go at those prices, ive got a few running bits and pieces and it been fine...tri-suit has to be worth getting even if it only lasts a season.....also, try the frozen haddock.

meface    pirate
24/09/2012 at 22:20
Asha1980 wrote (see)

hi there, is this stuff worth getting to start out with, only just getting into the whole triathlon scene, and i'm looking to spend as little as possible but at the same time i dont want it to fall apart after one usage!!!

I have some of their previous stuff. Is it as good as the top of the range gear I've got. No it isn't. But it does work and is very functional training/commuting kit. It will last more than one use. In fact I've got some stuff 2-3 years old that has now had enough,

Definitley worth the money

Doner Kebab    pirate
25/09/2012 at 01:32

compression socks are good 
running shorts are ok for training - the tight ones dont actually offer support though
the compression tops suck imo - theres no compression or i got the wrong size, maybe if they did an X small they would compress but then the seems would split  

25/09/2012 at 09:58

I train and race in kit from either Aldi or Lidls, had it a couple of years and there's nothing wrong with any of it    Personally, I don't have the money to buy fancy kit just to race in and if it does me for taining I see no reason why it shouldn't do me for racing!!

Doner Kebab    pirate
25/09/2012 at 12:33
I think its a bit of what you get used to. I like some solid compression so my guts don't flop about, but any way you shouldn't be racing in anything apart from yellow and black
Pethead    pirate
25/09/2012 at 18:22

For a slightly cash-strapped student, this stuff is a gift that keeps giving. Shotgun a small tri-suit and arm-warmers at Quedgeley!
Steer away from the cycling gloves though - have had 2 pairs, neither lasted a season.

Iron Pingu    pirate
27/09/2012 at 08:42

Back from my Aldi haul, joined the masses (30 people! (yes I counted )) queueing to get in. 

Got:

High Viz jacket.  I still use the one I bought 2 years ago that gets worn at least 3/4 times a week and is still going strong but is now looking less high viz and more grubby.  New jacket seems as good but doesn't have the pocket at the front.

High Viz long sleeve top.  Thin but soft, absolute bargain for a tenner.

Gloves, last years gloves still going strong.

Socks, always good.

Waterproof troos, I've never used them for cycling so not sure what they'll be like.  But they'll be fab for walking, feel good quality, and nice and long,

Flashy lights, the LED ones, bargain at £2.99, you're not going to miss someone with one of them flashing.

Total £50

Edited: 27/09/2012 at 08:46
27/09/2012 at 10:40

I might have to have a look - I got some Aldi/Lidl stuff years ago and never got on with it - some of it was just tat - the overshoes zips broke after about 1 wear - some just a poor fit or lycra shorts that were too thin for anything but undershorts.   The only thing I really liked were some thin mesh backed track mitts with leather palms but they don't seem to do those now.

Looking at it now on the internet it does look like it's improved though.

1 to 20 of 41 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.