Am I too late to train for Outlaw HIM?

21 to 25 of 25 messages
IronChris68    pirate
07/01/2014 at 10:30

I went from nothing to full IM last year, including the outlaw half as part of it, so it can be done, swimming, get on with it, get the lessons and 3 times per week, the cycling is self explanatory, get comfortable on the bike and ride it again 2 short rides and a longer ride when you have time per week, running, run after one of the bike rides, get used to that feeling ASAP, and keep going, enjoy it and smile, there is some superb support on here and on the day, as well as a lot of knowledge

Chris

07/01/2014 at 11:16

Hello

I'm further North than Spalding I'n afraid - getting up towards the Wolds. There is one in Louth which I think could be great and I'll look at the Lincoln one too.
Thanks again - this has made me feel quite excited about the whole thing.

07/01/2014 at 14:50

+1 on Total Immersion. Really helped my swimming (although I'm still slow as anything - I feel much more confident and in control). Definitely go for better technique over just adding lots of swim distance. Also try to get some open water swims in. Good luck and I'll see you there!

07/01/2014 at 17:04

joolze - just wait till you have done your first tri - you will be hooked and before you know it signing up for all sorts of crazy things!

07/01/2014 at 17:36

Well first step done - Tri club contacted and hopefully joining them for a swim on Saturday. Eek. Mathschick - I'll let you know if you're right!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.