Another cancelled event

5 messages
26/03/2013 at 22:08
Hi guys I am another one of your dreaded newbies. I am training for a ironman in 2014 and thought I would do a few short triathlons this year to get me into things. However the first three events I have entered have all been cancelled is this because no one wants to race with me? I am quite nice I would like to race at some point soon, so if any one has heard of any off road races this spring that aren't cancelled please let me know. Thanks Matt
meface    pirate
26/03/2013 at 22:21

This forum has now closed. Move along.

26/03/2013 at 23:16
That's to encourage you to do it the way others have and have your IM as your very first triathlon . Not me I hasten to add - no IMs either with or without triathlons beforehand
cougie    pirate
27/03/2013 at 08:45
My first full tri was ironman. Shorter ones are so different that I'm not sure it helps that much. Try not to worry. Summer is coming......
Britrisky    pirate
27/03/2013 at 14:15

Off road? Have you looked at the Long Distance Walking association - they have challenge walks, and in our region, the club runners run them. They're great - dead cheap, with proper food at the feedstations, and you feel really fit because most people are slower than you 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.