Another IM question for those in the know...

14 messages
21/06/2012 at 15:51

If you were going to pick one of these and money wasn't an issue which would you do and why?:

IM Austria

IM Switzerland

IM Frankfurt

Challenge Roth

Challenge Barcelona

Ironholgs    pirate
21/06/2012 at 15:53

IM Frankfurt - because it was one of the best days of my life.

Roth - because it's high up on my bucket list.

Dubai Dave    pirate
21/06/2012 at 15:55

IM Austria its so stunningly beautiful, its fast

Roth: Has to be done

21/06/2012 at 15:56

Ironholgs - I just did regensburg as a result of reading your book - it was such an amazing day.  Got the bug now though and planning for next year

kittenkat    pirate
21/06/2012 at 15:59

None, I'd do one of the American IMs

21/06/2012 at 16:01

done IMA and IMCH and bike leg on relay at Roth

very little to choose between A and CH - both lovely settings, great swims, superb bike legs, flat runs around the cities. A I would suggest is slightly easier bike course to CH.   Zurich is however easier to get to than Klagenfurt

Roth is iconic but it has a split transition which can be a pain - the bike leg is very quick and has the Solarberg climb which is like a TdF climb with massive crowds cheering you on.  CH has something similar at Heartbreak Hill but not so crowded.

Seen Frankfurt but not competed - and split transition again and a bigger risk of a non-wetsuit swim as the gravel pit gets very warm

heard good things about Barca but not done it so no comment

for me - it's a tough call between A and CH

seren nos    pirate
21/06/2012 at 16:16

IMA as i would like to get one fast time in before retirement...........as long as there was no chaqnce of a non wetsuit swim

TheEngineer    pirate
21/06/2012 at 17:04

Does anybody know how fast IMCH sells out? Want to enter for 2013 and it *appears* you can still register for 2012... does this mean there are spaces? I'm not going to go through the registration process just in case

21/06/2012 at 17:11

IMCH is slow to sell out these days - I think that's because it has become relatively more expensive than other European IM due to the strength of the SFr

21/06/2012 at 17:21

I'm thinking IM Austria.... do you reckon it'll open just after this year's race finishes or do they leave it a few weeks?

21/06/2012 at 17:23

IMA will open shortly after this one closes and you will need to be quick 'cos it sells out VERY quickly.

EDIT:

from the website

Online registration opens the night between July 2nd and 3rd midnight Central European Time. Registration will close as soon as the IRONMAN Austria 2013 is sold out.

Edited: 21/06/2012 at 17:26
21/06/2012 at 17:34

Thanks for the tip FB, you rock.

God, can't believe I'm about to do it again....

OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
21/06/2012 at 21:16
If you dont get in, come to lanza
21/06/2012 at 21:29
You know what? I daren't. I've done the bike leg before and it was awful, when its that windy, I get scared that i'm going to lose control of the bike....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
14 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.