Ballbusting in November

(not related to Holg's cycling habits!)

201 to 220 of 268 messages
PSC    pirate
11/11/2011 at 18:24

GB - done.

Nervous, I'm $hitting myself!   I was up at 4am this morning for some unGodly reason so went for a run!  Yep, great race preparation....  Just back in from a brutal day at work and have cracked open a large bottle of rather fine cider!  Everything will be fine tomorrow I'm sure. 

Weather looks good anyway. Might bring my TT bike just for a laugh!

IronCat5    pirate
11/11/2011 at 19:18

I could bring mine too. I can imagine that being hilarious going down hills seeing as I've done ~6 miles on it ever .

See you all at Oh-dark-hundred hours

11/11/2011 at 19:30
Grrrr...... can't find my effing number belt.....
IronCat5    pirate
11/11/2011 at 19:32
I have many. I'll bring spares.
11/11/2011 at 19:35
Cheers CITH. Pirate cycling top all packed for you btw

I had 3 recently, leant 2 out to other peeps... now I can't find mine!

IronCat5    pirate
11/11/2011 at 19:44
I'm down to two....can't find the last one I lent, or the wife's.
meface    pirate
11/11/2011 at 19:47

Good luck guys - hopefully will be along for some spectacularlingness.

Would have done it but I have a 10k on Sunday and need to taper!

m.eface

Golden Boots    pirate
11/11/2011 at 22:05
Still not started packing and got to be up in under 6 hours. Oh well, just fixed last weeks puncture and found a rather large gash in the tyre, and dont have any spares, and also broke my hand pump so could be a rubbish day tomorrow if I puncture!
11/11/2011 at 22:17
Found the belt, remembered my bike shoes... just!

I have a spare hand pump in the garage GB, will try to bring it.

Meface, poor and you know it! Reckon you were scared I might take you this year!
Golden Boots    pirate
11/11/2011 at 22:21
Cheers that would be great please
PSC    pirate
12/11/2011 at 05:25

yawn, stretch, etc.

Morning campers....  are we ready to rumble?

Golden Boots    pirate
12/11/2011 at 05:32
Just made the ride across London and am on the train now, and...realised I forgot my water bottles! Got one spare in my bag fortunately but will be on the blag once I get there.

Good licks guys and girls!!
12/11/2011 at 06:07
Will bring a spare!!!!!!
12/11/2011 at 06:17
Good luck guys, have a good race.
Darkness    pirate
12/11/2011 at 07:59
Have a great race. Must do this one soon.

12/11/2011 at 14:29
Great race everyone, nice to see / meet you all. Now going to destroy the pizza hut salad bar and a very large pizza, shame they don't do all you can eat on weekends!
12/11/2011 at 14:46
Yep echo BHFlyer, great racing from the pirates again. Sorry I couldn't stay with you on that last hill BH, just had nothing left. Really happy with my race, some 25 mins quicker than last year (though last year had a c.10min puncture!). Only downside was getting "bro'd" on the last hill. That hurts...

Didn't see the results but no doubt Joddly and Cheerful Dave added some Pirate dazzle to proceedings.

Thanks to Meface and Trogs for getting out on the course and supporting! Only disappointment was Jaffa letting the side down badly - turning up at the finish with no teas, coffees, cakes, sweets, nothing...
Cheerful Dave    pirate
12/11/2011 at 15:18
Well raced & supported all, it turned out nice in the end after a damp and foggy start. Yes, joddly & I did trouble the prize givers, not quite a pb for me but close enough given the conditions. Cheers to Gladys for pointing out that I could take it easy on the last run, but I felt pretty good on that last lap, probably because you couldn't go completely mad on the bike. Which incidentally looks like I've been using it for cyclocross.
12/11/2011 at 15:50
Great to see everyone today, and well done all racers.

Thanks to Trogs and Meface for popping up around the course and providing much-needed encouragement.

That was hard, and I was falling apart a bit on the final hill. Probably reflects not coming into this from marathon training. My ankle/foot problem was .... not a problem. Overall a pb by about 4 mins, though runs slower and bike (and transitions, I think) quicker than in March.

I have lovingly sponged down my bike....
PSC    pirate
12/11/2011 at 16:43

echo what the others have said - lovely meeting everyone and what a cracking event.  Thanks for the support - vocal and smiley and very welcome.  I don't feel completely trashed so paced it about right.  Fab first run, fairly average bike leg and a well executed run walk from T2.  No idea of the time but I think under 4 hrs.  Met an old mate on the course who I haven't seen for over 10 years and a friendly Tripe Talker in the car park who was surprised that we don't have 2 heads and are actually nice peeps!

Brilliant day.  Showering off mucky legs was interesting and the bike is still in the car - it's filthy.

Roll on next year - defo do that again if I can...

201 to 220 of 268 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.