Beginners Guide to the Surrey Hills Ride date - Saturday 6th October

141 to 160 of 164 messages
05/10/2012 at 20:52

button mushroom needs to check his PM if he still wants pirate kit

05/10/2012 at 22:56

Wife giving me grief I can't stay out to play until 5pm so will go for a club ride instead as they finish by 1-2pm. We are riding up to Boxhill so if I see you I will give you all a wave. Enjoy your ride.

06/10/2012 at 05:32

Morning Campers

Here's hoping the weather improves as it's still chucking it down and blowing a hoolie over here

Mr P has just gone out with the dogs and he is not impressed with life (or me!) at the moment for getting him into this!!

06/10/2012 at 06:22
I am having breakfast then I will be on my way
Kanga M    pirate
06/10/2012 at 08:35

Excellent, see you there for a few laps of Centennial Park ...

06/10/2012 at 09:19
Hope you're not faffing too much! Lovely day for a ride, enjoy all!
06/10/2012 at 16:29

Another top day out. Thanks to Dusty for organising the ride and the weather.  I didn't manage Coombe or Chapel hill but still enjoyed the day.  Hill training needed perhaps. Great to see people again, Siggy you were missed. 

And Schmunks gets the gold star for getting up Coombe. 

06/10/2012 at 16:54

Great fun, even the slight detour to Whitedown hill.

Good pedaling all, and top ferret biscuits

Rafiki    pirate
06/10/2012 at 17:12

Cheers Dustboy - good day out! The burgers at the end were definitely worth those hills!

Slagiatt    pirate
06/10/2012 at 17:36
Great day out, thanks dustboy. Definately a bit lumpier than my rides in the flatlands of Essex . Great turn out as well.
IronCat5    pirate
06/10/2012 at 18:02

Great ride. Shattered now. Zzzzzz.

Cheers DB!

06/10/2012 at 18:23

Thanks Dustboy - great ride out, super weather thank goodness and of course fantastic pirate company, some old friends and some new faces who I never did manage to put names to 

Like Soupy Coombe and Chapel defeated me but then I pretty much only train on the flat and am heading towards a coach barlos-esque figure which might also have something to do with it  

Can't think of anything I'd rather have been doing today

06/10/2012 at 19:01

Great ride boys and girls, thanks dustboy really enjoyed the first two hills NOT!!! (lol), had a really good day, hope to do it all again soon .

Trogs    pirate
06/10/2012 at 19:17

Thought of you all as we pedalled our MTBs marking out the Surrey Badger course.  Lovely day for it.

Schmunks, if you can get up Coombe you're well on your way to conquering pretty much any hill in this area

06/10/2012 at 20:29
glad everyone had a great day! Sounds brilliant, well done DB!
purpletrilady    pirate
06/10/2012 at 20:29

Had a great ride ,really enjoyed it

Thanks DB

07/10/2012 at 10:08
What a great day yesterday.

Thanks to DB for arranging and his encouraging words at the bottom of each hill.

Thanks to Bassy for coming back down Coombe to check I was ok and to Ferret for being back end Charlie.

Enjoyed the hills I did and loved going up the other side of Coombe. I am definitely more of a long drag kinda girl

Had to walk down Crocknorth, but bombed down Staples Lane. Good job there was a hedge to break my fall :/
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
07/10/2012 at 11:16
Great to see so many people out yesterday, nice and social and great fun
Dustboy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 11:31

Top turnout yesterday, 16 people I think? Lot's of good humoured fun and banter. 31.48 miles and 772M climbing for those interested, so a pretty flat ride then.

Loved the TT bit at the end which made a nice change before the cool down winch back up to Newlands.

As ever, thanks to Ferret for tail end charlie (or I would have ended up miles away on the back of the Boxhill loop) and Ferret biscuits. Ferret biscuits alone are enough reason to turn out!

Great to see some new faces and old alike. At least three of which asked when there was going to be a hill. Watch out for next years rematch. We'll go over the other side of the A25 . Might ask Smiffy for some pointers 

Slag, was that you that nearly got catapulted to Edinburgh by the dickhead in the Volvo who clearly shat himself wishing he'd bought a car with ABS as he unceremoniously mounted the bank? 

Thanks for coming all, good effort by everyone and I think the "sprinters" little extra group worked quite well with an extra lap around Staples and a sojourn over to Whitedown and back (cheers Coach Bassos for leading that one).

07/10/2012 at 12:27
Schmunkee - The List Fairy wrote (see)

.I am definitely more of a drag kinda girl  

141 to 160 of 164 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.