Beginners Guide to the Surrey Hills Ride date - Saturday 6th October

161 to 164 of 164 messages
07/10/2012 at 14:12
Dustboy wrote (see)

Slag, was that you that nearly got catapulted to Edinburgh by the dickhead in the Volvo who clearly shat himself wishing he'd bought a car with ABS as he unceremoniously mounted the bank? 

The good news for those of us he seemed to take a personal dislike to so intensely is that he locked out his wheels when he braked and based on the burning smell of rubber and the amount of his car he buried in the bushes there's a good chance he'll need new tyres and a wheel balance at the very least

Maybe next time he'll be in a bit less of a rush

Dustboy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 15:22

Ooohhh, the drama. But it was bloody close!

07/10/2012 at 23:18

Shame I had to miss this I ended up doing a club ride and did a 50 mile ride with either 3k ft of climbing according to my forerunner or 4k ft of climbing according to other peoples Edge 800's. The club ride finished a fair bit before you guys which is why i had to go with them. Hope to join you on your next outting!

Dustboy    pirate
07/10/2012 at 23:20

You will be made welcome. Especially as you appear to like flat rides.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
161 to 164 of 164 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.