Best TT bike for 2k

21 to 25 of 25 messages
14/08/2009 at 10:09

What pebble says. Spend less on bike with wheels. Get a disc wheel job done.

1.5k TT bike, £500 disc from planet X = niceness.

Pebble you just need to go faster  Ok the 10 is a one off LOL

mellifera    pirate
14/08/2009 at 10:30

I've got Cosmic carbones too - fab wheels I really like them.

Is the TT bike for 10-25mile TT or for long distance tri? that might affect your choice if the former, you might go for a very steep seat tube angle and a disc wheel; if the latter a slighter slacker angle and not a disc would be better for all but the very best riders.

the PX is not especially steep but you can make it functionally steeper by having the seat forward and sitting right on the nose.

Doozer.    pirate
15/08/2009 at 15:13
I have the Cervelo P2, its a fantastic bike, also look at the Kuota Kaliber, also a very good frame.  If you have 2k is that just for Frame and Forks or the entire bike?  Not much point in having a great frame and a pair of aksium wheels.  I would recomend the cervelo though but speak to your LBS, size is more important than brand, its your position that will make you faster, once you are spending that sort of money you wont notice the difference unless you are a very experienced rider.
oxymoron    pirate
15/08/2009 at 15:57
doozer, are you okay? you've not recommended an aero helmet!
Doozer.    pirate
15/08/2009 at 17:37
You need to be good to have one of them, ask Carl!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.