Beware of website ordering

Stuffed!

17 messages
Bionic Ironwolf    pirate
05/12/2004 at 09:10
Warning - watch who you order stuff from. Hubby got caught for a 4-figure sum, never got the goods, been fobbed off with one excuse after another. The company has moved its website, no longer answers to emails and the phone numbers have been disconnected. I was right in telling him not to do it, but it doesn't give me any satisfaction.

Nice Christmas present!
05/12/2004 at 09:21
Sorry to hear about that. Is there not a guaranteee under your credit card agreemenet so that you can recover the money from them?
05/12/2004 at 09:26
It's VISA - good idea, we'll have to check with them to see what's possible. But if these people have done a bunk, then there's not going to be any address or bank account to recover the dosh from. The name was probably false too.
05/12/2004 at 10:36
I'd have thought it would be covered by VISA if it's four figures, report to the Police and get an Incident number.
05/12/2004 at 10:52
Dodge, I'm not sure it works the same way in Germany, but I'm on good terms with some of the Polizei, I'll put it to them and see. Thanks.
05/12/2004 at 11:47
I'm not sure if this is right, but the credit card may refund you the money anyway, even if they can't trace the company.

Think it might be something to do with Visa having approved the company, ie they ran checks on the company and gave permission for them to use visa services, so they cover your cost if the company misbehaves.
05/12/2004 at 12:06
You might also consider checking your household insurance and see if that offers any cover.
05/12/2004 at 12:12
Yes, I think Visa should cover you!

If you haven't told them about it, do so at once.
05/12/2004 at 14:54
Yep speak to the credit card company. I rodered something on Ebay that never arrived and the guy disappeared. It for about £250 and I spent weeks trying to get a refund from Ebay and PayPal, who eventually said I needed proof that my credit card company were not prepard to refund me. So I rang the credit card company and within a few days they refunded me. Should have gone straight to them in the first place.
05/12/2004 at 14:55
Blimey that looks like I rodgered something on Ebay. Of course it was meant to say ordered something...!
05/12/2004 at 15:40
What you do in your own time is your own concern, Rhino
06/12/2004 at 08:48
Yeah but we'll talk about it anyway..

Richard rogered something live on ebay.....

Sorry IW.. kick the credit card co...
08/12/2004 at 17:29
CC co. will sort you out worldwide.

A few phone calls will sort it. I can do it on-line with my CC, so I domn't even need to make the call.

08/12/2004 at 20:07
IW - card company will chargeback the amount if you haven't received the goods
08/12/2004 at 20:14
Great Zill - no, we've not received it. John's really gutted - it was his Litespeed titanium bike, cost nearly 5000
M...eldy    pirate
08/12/2004 at 20:24
Your police should have an internet fraud/crime dept ... most of them do nowadays. Always worth a call as you may be one in a long line of victims.
08/12/2004 at 20:31
Yep agree with all on here, it is the credit cards job too refund you, how they get your money back from the company is not your problem.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
17 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.