Bianchi Sempre Ultegra vs Infinito 105

Which one to go for?

1 to 20 of 42 messages
02/08/2012 at 18:18

hi , i need to decided between the bianchi sempre ultegra and the bianchi infinito 105. Wondering if anyone has a view?

Infinito is from their coast to coast range which means it is more comfy. What I don't know is how much racing speed/agility is sacrificed for this.

Sempre is from their born for performance range and is aimed to be agile and fast. What I don't know is how much comfort is sacrificed

I am new to road bikes so any help would be appreciated. I know the ultegra groupo is better than 105 by the way but I am more concerned about the framesets here.

Thanks,

Tortoise

IronCat5    pirate
02/08/2012 at 19:49

Ride both. Get the best frame you can that fits well.

02/08/2012 at 20:32
I am likely to be in a position where I have to ride the Infinito and decide then whether I want it before trying the sempre.
02/08/2012 at 20:41

105 is a decent enough groupset imo,  not sure how much the step up to ultegra  worth.

02/08/2012 at 20:51
The question is about the frames.
Rafiki    pirate
02/08/2012 at 20:59

From reviewing the specs for both 'versions' of this bike, I'm still not sure what the difference is, apart from one has a slightly more expensive group set and what appears to be a slightly better quality carbon in the frame - but the difference is minute. The geometry is the same.

To be honest, if the bike fits, chose the colour your prefer, as that appears to be the biggest difference

seren nos    pirate
02/08/2012 at 21:01

i was going to ak what are the colour choices like

Rafiki    pirate
02/08/2012 at 21:07

none of then are Guiness coloured I'm afraid Seren my dear

02/08/2012 at 21:12
They have different geometries. I think the infinito is supposed to be more of a sportive bike with a longer heat tube and slacker angles. The sempre is more of an aggressive racer bike.
02/08/2012 at 21:14
Sempre then
02/08/2012 at 21:14
Also the infinito has Kevlar bits in the chain stays to damp vibrations. This means the sempre gets the power down more directly but is probably a bit more bumpy. My heart is saying get the ninja racing sempre but my head is saying my arse will thank me for getting the infinito.
02/08/2012 at 21:18
What are you going to be using it or ?
Rafiki    pirate
02/08/2012 at 21:23

Really - coz the Bainchi website seems to give the same geometries - but then again there are lots of numbers floating around and I may have had the odd glass of wine to celebrate Sir Chirs and the team's victory and I get confused easily!!

But to be honest, I doubt you will notice the differnce - I know I wouldn't - your riding style will be a bigger influence, so go with the one that feels more comfortable!

02/08/2012 at 21:33
Rafiki for someone with lots of wine in them you are making a lot of sense
02/08/2012 at 21:35
Dave I won't be doing crits but that could change I guess. Unlikely though. Mostly it will be for training for the ironman, riding the ironman, and I plan to join a club to go on rides with. Possibly for shorter triathlons too but definitely plan to do some century rides.
ChallengeGoGoGas    pirate
02/08/2012 at 21:37

go with cheaper one and use money to upgrade wheels

02/08/2012 at 21:42
They cost the same price. Sempre has better groupo but infinito is slightly more expensive hence with cheaper groupo they end up costing the same.
Rafiki    pirate
02/08/2012 at 21:44
Tortuga wrote (see)
Rafiki for someone with lots of wine in them you are making a lot of sense

I may quote this numerous times in the future ...... now where's that dam cock screw gone??

IronCat5    pirate
02/08/2012 at 21:45

A lower head tube will give you a lower aero position so +1 for the Sempre. For the IM and C100 rides you will want something 'comfortable'. This does not necessarily exclude the Sempre as comfortable is a many faceted thing at 90 miles, regardless of bike. It is about fit - especially if you want to run 26.2 miles afterwards without being dicked for the mincing prize*

I've looked at the geo too - other than the length of the headtube there really isn't much in it.

Sempre it is then! Do they come with men's chainsets, or just compacts

*Even though gladys would win anyhow.

IronCat5    pirate
02/08/2012 at 21:47
Rafiki wrote (see)

now where's that dam cock screw gone??

Each to their own...

1 to 20 of 42 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.