bike accessories

stuff needed

4 messages
11/12/2012 at 11:35

Sorry, I know this has probably been done to death but I hate trying to use the search feature as I know it will only direct me to mean in mankinis when what I'm really after is something useful.

Pumps - the sort that you fix on your bike and use in an emergency to pump up your tyres - recommendations please.

I know that one or two always come out tops but can't for the life of me remember what.

Multi tool; I need tyres for Specialied tricross - ones that are better than those fitted for off roading a little bit. Most of my mileage is on the road but I use a lot of tracks and one of the roads I use is more of a track than a road antway.

I've had both my bikes stolen and am trying to replace them and all the bits and bobs that I had on them. It's really hard trying to think of everything you've added to a bike. What mudguards did I have? What saddle? Oh and the locks.

11/12/2012 at 11:45

In the saddle bag on my bike I've got a basic multi-tool, split chain link, CO2 inflator plus several canisters of gas, puncture repair kit, tyre levers, wetwipes and a ten pound note in a jiffy bag.

Don't forget the bottle cages and pedals, did you have any chainstay protectors or bash guards?  Plus any fittings and sensors for bike computers.

11/12/2012 at 15:35

pumps - Topeak or Lezyne.  if it's an insurance claim, go with Lezyne - more £ 

multitools - Topeak Alien or Crank Brothers multi 19 offer the broadest range of tools and are both highly rated.  I have an Alien

Soma tyre levers are plastic coated steel so have strength and don't damage rims

packs - Topeak, Spesh or Lezyne - we have a combination of these

11/12/2012 at 16:15

That was the info I was after FB - knew you knew the makes.

I'll prolly go for something nice in the new year when I have some pennies. i really like the road bike for it's speed and agility but it's a luxery so I want to get something decent. I'll have to look after it a bit better.

Might go for the 2013 Dolce Elite but I'll need to upgrade the brakes. It's going to be expensive and no insurance.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
4 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.