Bike Help ** Please **

21 to 35 of 35 messages
The Silent Assassin    pirate
07/07/2008 at 17:32
dont have my frame size in stock at the moment
07/07/2008 at 18:01
Hi!

I too fancy the Giant SCR 3.0, where's the cheapest you've seen it being sold for? The cheapest I've found is £374 http://www.tredz.co.uk/productdetail.asp?productcatalogue=16827
07/07/2008 at 18:25
Make sure it's red, red is always the fastest.  Just look at this weekends F1 GP.  The Ferraris were so fast they had to keep spinning them round to allow others to catch up and make a race of it.  RED  Lance Armstrong always rode red bikes, even when they were painted other colours on top they were red underneith because he knew the power of red.  The RED Arrows.  Need I go on?  Ok.  Fastest animal?  Red Squirrel.  Superman?  Red pants.  Red.  Even the Royal Mail have tried to harness the power of red but even red can't help everyone.  It does have its limitations.  Gordon Brown or Gordon Red?  Precisely.
07/07/2008 at 19:18

Dodge - I couldn't ride a red bike - that's the colour my face goes when I work hard!

Jonsi - I haven't looked on the internet only a local shop as I thought I would get a better after sales service which I will need as I don't know anyone who knows anything about bikes. As my husband said 'it is 30yrs since he rode a road bike and things have changed a lot since then. Locally the bike is £465.

07/07/2008 at 22:17
There are slight red colourings on the Giant SCR 3.0 - is that red enough?

Mini s, I'm sure you're right that after sales would be much better from a LBS, I think I will contact a few around to see what they charge, I wouldn't mind paying a bit extra for local service, not sure I'd stretch to £90 extra though, money is a bit tight at the mo! I'll see what they say.
JPenno    pirate
07/07/2008 at 22:22
mini s - if your looking for a Giant SCR3 then Rio has one for sale, i will try to find the link.
JPenno    pirate
07/07/2008 at 22:27

here it is Pages 54/55

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/forum/forummessages/mps/UTN/125881/URN/12/dt/4/srchdte/0/cp/54/v/6/sp/

drop her a line see if its still for sale 

08/07/2008 at 08:14

Fastest man at putting out fires?  Red Adair.  red = fast FACT

Put Lance Armstrong or Chris Hoy on a red Chopper and you on a fancy nancy carbon titanium speed machine (in black, no red) and say GO! and who's across the line first?  RED everytime.

08/07/2008 at 10:22
If you've got a good LBS then it's definately worth buying from them.  They will set the bike up for you, check it after you've been riding a few months and be able to answer any questions.  Giant are the Ford of the bike world so you'll get a good bike for the price that does what you want without being very exciting.  The SCR seems to be a good frame and if you're a petite lady you may find the women specific geometry models fit you better................... but the bike shop should be able to find the right fit for you, whichever model you buy.
08/07/2008 at 17:28

Oh how exciting; just been to another local bike shop. They suggested a specialized bike, Dolche at £549 or Dolche elite at £799. (which is a little more than I want to pay). However, they do have an elite coming in which is only a few months old - lady needs to put a child seat on so needs to sell!! I'm having a look at this on Friday and.................... yes, it is white with pink bits on.

Jonsi - the Giant I have looked at is white and bright blue I will see if I can find the link.

JPenno, thanks for the link I will have a look.

Both the local bike shops have been very helpful and I feel confident that they will fit me with the right bike. Today the guy explained about narrower handlebars and other specific differences for those of us who aren't very tall.

08/07/2008 at 17:39

Jonsi - I think this is the link (I'm not very technical so I hope this works)!

http://www.giant-bicycles.com/en-GB/bikes/women/1412/29748/ 

10/07/2008 at 18:30

Thanks for all the help and info everyone, ended up going for the SCR 2.0 2008 in the end.

Away for the weekend so won't be able to try it out on the open road until after Tuesday.

17/07/2008 at 17:04

Managed to get out on the new "Shinny One" and had a good first outing on it ( 10 Miles )

Sooooooooooooooo much faster than my MTB   and boy does it moooooove.

It is a lot lighter than i was expecting and not as twitchy considering the width of those tyres ( crickey, not much rubber in contact with the road there )

Just need a few outings to get the hang of the gearing going up/down the hills ( me thinks i've got a lot to learn here )

I think this SCR 2  will be a good entry level bike for me to learn the kraft of racing. 

No excuse now to get out and train. 

I could put up a pic of the Shinny new thing but that would be just sad

17/07/2008 at 19:55
Ohh Cybor! I'd love to see a pic!! I'm going to purchase my new bike after my next pay day and I CAN'T WAIT!!!
17/07/2008 at 20:15

http://shop.devercycles.co.uk/images/prod_3468.jpg

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.