Bike Set Up

5 messages
06/04/2010 at 06:40

Any advice much appreciated:

Did the Cotswold Spring Classic yesterday (short 60 mile route) and my hamstrings are a bit sore today (both proximal fibula heads) which i've noticed before on long-ish rides...could this potentially be a set-up issue or an adaptability issue (i.e under-training)?

I know v little about bike set-up but i suspect it is 90% science and 10% 'feel'...

Thank you...

06/04/2010 at 09:22

Hard to say without knowing your level of training going into the event or your level of effort in the event or anything about your bike set-up!

Are you getting the same problem in training or only when you ramp up the effort in an event??

06/04/2010 at 17:30
Sorry-knew i was being too vague...i think it seems to be when i bike for longer than 2-3 hrs and i admittedly hadn't really done much training for the event...mayeb i should try training a bit more and gradually increase the mileage?
06/04/2010 at 17:41
More than likely a training issue as much as anything then.

Yep. Gradual increase in mileage and/or intensity.

If there's a problem with set-up often high intensity work will highlight it quite quickly.
06/04/2010 at 20:52
Cheers-that is sort of reassuring!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
5 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.