Bike Shop Recommendations

Help

21 to 30 of 30 messages
17/08/2012 at 15:27

saffy - I have been to TFN a couple of times - the guys in there are great are very helpful. They do price match to the internet too - so maybe look at the kind of prices wiggle offer on the bikes that TFN do and ask them to price match - they did it when I got a wetsuit no problem. It is not far from the sainsbury's carpark

17/08/2012 at 15:47
That's fab thanks girls
17/08/2012 at 16:04
I'd be interested to hear what you end up with - I'm in a similar situation - I need to be able to get round 40k by next July, in one piece, without creating a major obstacle to others. I'm about the same height and I was also about to visit Evans.
17/08/2012 at 18:52

Well I went to TFN and they were lovely 

Made me a coffee whilst they told me about basic bike stuff to reduce my numptiness and set up a turbo so I could have a pedal in the shop. Then I popped down the road and did a few spins round Sainsbury's car park to try out my favourite one.

So..........I HAVE A BIKE       (well I don't actually have it yet....I've paid for it and am collecting it tomorrow with Mr Saffy and the bike rack!)

They knocked me £70 off and also threw in a helmet.

Running Rodent, I ended up going for a Giant Avail, which is a women specific one.

Rafiki wrote (see)

Red ones are always faster - fact!  

OMG I boght a white one 

p.s. I've called her Betty 

17/08/2012 at 18:54

saffy - brilliant!! Oh, wish I had got mine there, although I like mine anyway. Should be nice weather tomorrow for you to have a little spin as well

you'll be signing up for outlaw before you know it

17/08/2012 at 18:56

I need a name for my bike....

17/08/2012 at 19:47

Ooo nice.    Wondering if I can afford a new bike for next year at the moment - just bought a new (not brand new) car so might have to keep the current one another year.  So when's the forum Derbyshire bike ride then ?

17/08/2012 at 19:59

Hee hee  I think i need a bit of practice first so as not to embarrass myself . I'm crrently surfing the Internet looking for pretty accessories for Betty 

Britrisky    pirate
18/08/2012 at 18:34
I have an Avail - I lurrrrve my bike!! Had a bike fit this week and live it even more now. Will you put aero bars on?
18/08/2012 at 18:43

Ooh I hadn't thought about aero bars. It's my first road bike, so I think I need to get some confidence on it first. Are you getting some?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 30 of 30 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.