Bike workouts to aid marathon effort

3 messages
02/01/2004 at 17:55
I have my spring marathon schedule sorted. I need to build endurance and raise my LT. I love cycling and would like to know if I should stick to recovery rides OR can I raise my LT for running for example using the bike? If so, what sort of sessions would be best?

Cheers, Neil
05/01/2004 at 12:36
During Winter I do 2 or 3 hr easy pace rides instead of recovery runs. Also spin at high tempo once a week for 40-50 mins. This works for me as I can get by on lower weekly run milage (40-50 miles).
I also cross train by swimming and rowing; particularly during recovery weeks post race or long runs.
05/01/2004 at 14:01
will help a bit to up your LT, but its not as good as running intervals at building running LT due to different muscle groups used

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.