British Cycling - just joined on a cheap deal, is it much good?

6 messages
Dustboy    pirate
15/03/2013 at 12:39

Quite fancy maybe a couple of events as a bit of fun (won't be speed with me riding). I quite enjoyed a couple of ten mile TTs a while back. However, it seems really complicated with provisional race licence this, full race licence that, various categories the other, join a club etc.

Just seems a bit, well, intense, is all. Or am I overly complicating things?

WIll a BTF licence do?

Or have I wasted a tenner?

IronCat5    pirate
15/03/2013 at 14:32

TTs are run by the CTT in England, though you can still attend the local ones for £2 a pop. I don't know anything about BC, but let me know how you get on. I think some cyclocross could fill a hole between Tri and XC season.

And it's an excuse for a new bike

Edited: 15/03/2013 at 15:26
15/03/2013 at 15:59

Sign up for "platinum status" on Wiggle, spend a few bob, and you've got your money back anyway. 

IronCat5    pirate
15/03/2013 at 16:01

"Sign up"....like it!

Dustboy    pirate
15/03/2013 at 16:36

Already Platinum

The deal was though a work related scheme. TBH, I am minded to go to the TTs as before and just pay teh two/three quid on the night. Cat, I'll contact you when they come up again. Quite a nice evening out and you already know the route. 10 miles.

YOurs truly yet to break 30 mins. LOL!

15/03/2013 at 18:22

Best thing would have been join a cycling club that's affiliated to BC - get free BC bronze membership from that (not sure if all clubs or just GoRide ones) - and the club will also be CTT affiliated allowing you to ride time trials.   Our club is a tenner I think so same price.   

Apart from that your provisional licence will be good for some circuit races and like someone said for cyclocross. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.