Carbon Frames

41 to 52 of 52 messages
13/10/2004 at 17:34
carbon is great for crashing. i did a triple summersault with mine. got 9.9 for artistic impression, but only 3.4 for technical merit. i woz robbed. it was those goddam biased french judges, i tells ya.
13/10/2004 at 18:45
I just upgraded from an alu bike (trek)with carbon forks to a bianchi with carbon rear end/forks and seat post and it has made such a difference comfort wise! Components are Chorus throughout and Cosmos Wheels.
13/10/2004 at 18:52
Multi - Think it's going to be one of these, if I raid enough piggybanks ...

http://www.langdalelightweights.co.uk/frames.asp

(second frame down - the one without a price!)

I'm a trad kind of bike rider, me. The question is, what colour?
13/10/2004 at 19:09

Very nice, LizzyB! What are you gonna kit it out with?
13/10/2004 at 19:15
Just what came off my last frame - so that's a mix of Campag Chorus, some godawful cheapo Shimano that I haven't got round to replacing yet, and some of hubby's early 90s kit ... oh yes, and Mavik CXP33 rims on Shimano Ultegra hubs ... it will be a lovely little race bike when it is finally complete, that's a little way away yet though!
13/10/2004 at 21:49
That's my bike here (sorry can't do links)

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/popsider/Litespeed.jpg
13/10/2004 at 21:58
drool .....
15/10/2004 at 14:17
dilemmas, freakin dilemmas

am going to try 2 Omega Ti bikes tomorrow (16/10) - Alchemy and Shadow so will let peeps know what I think...

BUT - my local Tri shop have made me a good offer on a Litespeed Siena.......

hmmm - will decide after tomorrow

FWIW - have tried carbon and ti frames but ti just scores in terms of "feel" - carbon just felt a bit duller in comparison.....
15/10/2004 at 16:25
Having tried both, i felt that the Ti bikes are a little to flexy for my style of riding as my strongest part of the bike is the up-hill.

The carbon frame is much more responsive in this area.

If its performance that you want from a Ti bike i would recommend you went for a Litespeed or Merlin. The differance in quality between these and the other cheaper Ti brands is massive.

Merlin and Litespeed are now the same company!

15/10/2004 at 16:33
jlk - before you make sweeping statements about other ti bikes, check out www.omegacycleworks.com.........Sean Yates reckons they are top notch and having seen them myself, they are very nicely put together and ooze quality........just not as well known as Litespeed........

18/10/2004 at 12:49
fb,

not quite a sweeping statement as i test ride most bikes on the market!

I just felt when it came to ti the litespeeds felt as good with an off the peg frame as they did when i rode Robbie Mc ewen's Vortex. There was no differance in the amount of grade ti used in his race bike as there was in my own vortex!

The new T-mobile bikes have been changed slightly to stiffen up in places to that of the of the peg carbon, so it does happen alot. (team bike that is)
18/10/2004 at 13:18
ah - but have you tested the Omega?? see my post on the custom build thread - rode one on Saturday..

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 52 of 52 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.