Cardiff Triathletes

Any out there? Question

18 messages
ImRio    pirate
17/08/2007 at 07:45
I have been looking at the website and want to come along to the swim sessions you have on a Thursday. Is it ok for me to just turn up? I have emailed in the past but got no response and having just done the London Tri my swim really needs some work.

Any advice please
G-Sport    pirate
17/08/2007 at 08:28
have a look at the Les Croupiers (sp?) club website(based in Cariff), they have a tri team and will probably help you out..

good luck

g-s
ImRio    pirate
17/08/2007 at 08:40
Thanks GS just checked that out and it links you to the website I had looked at.
I am way too slow to join Les Croupiers and already run for 2 clubs as it is
G-Sport    pirate
17/08/2007 at 08:45
how about the Welsh tri Assoc, they must have a development orrificer who can help you out with a swimbling contact?

I'm sure you can find help with the swimming, keep looking, check out the wbsite, I was looking at it t'other day, a bit basic, but it has inkys to all the tri clubs about.

g-s
G-Sport    pirate
17/08/2007 at 08:45
links not inkys!
ImRio    pirate
17/08/2007 at 08:47
Thanks G-S

Looking forward to getting my pirate kit soon too
23/08/2007 at 11:25

Only just found this!!!!!

Rio mail nam she is in the know about cardiff tri club.Her mate mandy is a member.

Nam
23/08/2007 at 11:43
I'll text Mand x
Nam
23/08/2007 at 11:47

Texted mate.  In the meantime found this...

welsh tri clubs contact details with mobi number

Nam
23/08/2007 at 11:48
23/08/2007 at 11:49
What you doing on tri247! Very ponce that! Carbon plated ponce infact!
Nam
23/08/2007 at 11:50
I'm a closet ponce as you know... 
ImRio    pirate
23/08/2007 at 13:33

Thanks

Going to go along tonight in anycase but will ring to let them know

Alan W    pirate
28/08/2007 at 12:57

How did the session go Rio?  I have been thinking about delving into triathlons for a while, but I'm not that good a swimmer.  I got overtaken by a Cardiff Tri biker this morning on the way to work, managed to keep up with him for all of about 30 seconds!

ImRio    pirate
28/08/2007 at 13:00

Alan the session was brilliant.  They were really helpful and friendly.  I cant wait to go back again on Thursday (wish I could do the Tuesday as well)

Come along you wont be left out.  There are different lanes for different abilities and I was in the slowest lane.  Got loads of help though already with my technique.  I cant praise them enough.

02/09/2007 at 19:44

Rio I train with Cardiff Tri.  It's a fab club with loads of friendly people.  Who did you meet down there?  I'm currently on 'maternity leave' so will hopefully see you soon! 

Really glad to hear that you enjoyed yourself, we've got a new coach that I haven't met yet so looking forward to meeting him.  Hope Anne and Laurie looked after you, guess that's who you were training with!

I'm hoping to go training in the next couple of weeks after I've had a couple of trial sessions (I had a c-section 7 weeks ago) so hopefully see you soon!

ImRio    pirate
03/09/2007 at 07:49

Hi Janie.  You will have to forgive me but I am hopeless with names.  I was in the slow lane with Laurie and he is fab but also met a few of the others too.   The coach is brilliant and has given me loads of help already.

I am only going on a Thursday at the moment as I run on Tuesday nights (though I expect as the next season starts I will be doubling up then)

Be good to meet you too but take care.  You are very brave getting back into things so soon after a C section.

03/09/2007 at 13:34

Don't worry Rio, I'm definitely trying to take it easy as I don't want to end up injured as soon as I get back into everything!  Concentrating more on the bike and swim at the mo as there's less likelihood of injury.  There's a few physios and doctors in the club so I'm sure they'll be on my back if I'm being silly!

Just really glad to hear you had a good time, think I'll be training on a Thursday at the mo too as it's easier with putting Ted to bed.  Tuesday nights tend to be very busy as it's an earlier session so it's nicer to train when it's a bit quieter.

Don't know if you use Facebook at all as there is a Cardiff Tri group on there.  Bizarrely it's under Common interest - Wine!!!  Think that says something about the level of alcohol consumption in the club....

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
18 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.