Challenge Henley 2011

For those who think the Outlaw is too far ooop naaarth

281 to 300 of 338 messages
20/09/2011 at 09:54
fat buddha wrote (see)
as refs we can only get them if we see them - the sneaky barstewards will put them on after they leave T1. it's then down to the motorbike officials to spot them and DQ them but you can't have eyes everywhere.

It must be so difficult for you guys to try and watch so many people at once as well! I was marshalling in transition at strathclyde standard the other week and spotted someone with his helmet unclipped away to rack his bike but by the time I ran over to him to ask him to do it back up he had already racked.

Glasgow tri kit is black and red so definitely not as easy to spot as pirate kit!

20/09/2011 at 15:35

WW - ace, toptastic racing.  Very, very cool to knock so much off your time.

Speaking as a stomach bloater/puker/general run stomach nightmare, interested to hear your crew saying don't eat afterwards if you feel rubbish.  I must say, I haven't managed to eat a thing after either of mine and, luckily, was back to my gluttonous normal the next day.   Did they say anything else to explain or was it simply a case of 'if it doesn't feel right, don't do it'?

20/09/2011 at 16:20
My mum is a doctor and told me that if you are feeling sick then your digestive system will have stopped functioning so forcing yourself to eat and drink will probably only make you feel worse as your body can't process it. Seemed to work much better for me this year anyways!
The Silent Assassin    pirate
20/09/2011 at 16:39

top performance and a bloody good report

Well done  WW

20/09/2011 at 16:48
Echo what SA said WW - top racing
20/09/2011 at 17:50
which witch wrote (see)
My mum is a doctor and told me that if you are feeling sick then your digestive system will have stopped functioning so forcing yourself to eat and drink will probably only make you feel worse as your body can't process it. Seemed to work much better for me this year anyways!
Makes perfect sense!
PSC    pirate
20/09/2011 at 17:53
Well done WW. Tempted to do this one in 2013. Cracking result.
PSC    pirate
20/09/2011 at 17:53
Is Jaffa still writing his
Alan W    pirate
20/09/2011 at 18:50
Well done WW, excellent race and report!
20/09/2011 at 19:02
Jaffa's been witch-chicked again!
21/09/2011 at 13:20
top effort WW, sub-13-tastic 8) and great report.

It was Bayliss chasing Aaron, they passed me at the same time as you so we must have been close at that point.

Thanks to Fat Buddha for reffing, and vocal support.

Pirate supporters were excellent - Ta

I was a victim of Thames Tummy on Tues night, both ends, despite some cole in T1 and attempting not to swallow any waer (I think I only took one gulp, but didnt have a nose clip either)

But I'm fine now. At least 3 or 4 other Tripe Talkers suffered too.

So thats sort of my 13th iron distance race completed for the year including a clean sweep of all the UK events - had to be done!
Edited: 21/09/2011 at 13:22
M...eldy    pirate
21/09/2011 at 13:32
You are certifiable .. you do know that dont you?   
21/09/2011 at 13:34

TC - were you not at IMWales the week before?

Chapeau if you were (and I am pretty certain it was you I saw at the top of Wiseman's Bridge)

21/09/2011 at 13:40
yup 8)

UK clean sweep like I said, and was looking forward to racing hard at Henley, I felt fine after Wales, and zero DOMS!!! as I did Helvellyn the prev week too and that kinda softens everything up, kill or cure

OK this is funny, a tale of extreme numpT-ness:

Despite staying on site at the Bus School, RIGHT OUTSIDE the swim start, I was 2 mins late for wave 1 start, mainly as I wanted that 1 last extra sh1t. If it hadnt been so misty I might have seen which way they swam. Buga nose why, but when I got to the start line late, I had it in my head we swam the opposite direction. I wonder how far I would have got if a canoe hadnt tapped me up after 2-3 mins ffs. So I dashed straight out and went back to the swim start pontoon, having already slipped off the first raised pontoon mat.

fair play to Just Racing and StuSteele, I advised the swim director of my c0ck up, she asked if I simply wanted to go with Wave 2 and just took my number into her head. My results were spot on. Wave 2 went just as I got into the water, so I lost another minute or so, and the swim was even more lonely than usual.

Didnt think the water was that cold or quality at all bad, but it took me 1h31 ffs, and I had done 5 mins before that,so even tho I was warm before I started the swim I had a fair exposure to the coldish water. I dunno as I was OK at IM Wales, but like many others that was it, I was too cold to function properly after that. Even tho the air temp was relatively low, I'm surprised it had such an immediate effect on me, and I wore a bike jersey under my wetsuit, and had a bit of vaseline on my chest, and a thick neoprene gimp hat for the swim.

On exiting the swim, I slipped straight off the raised pontoon mat again, as a final hurrah. Do I win the numpT of the year award, please ?
21/09/2011 at 13:52
TC - you won the numpty award as soon as you rocked up late for the 1st wave swim start and then proceeded to swim the wrong way!! there were a lot of wide open mouths amongst everyone on the bank.....then laughter....

when it took you ages to come into T1 we wondered if you were still swimming to Henley having missed the turn buoy....we wouldn't have put that past you based on the above!
21/09/2011 at 15:18
fat buddha wrote (see)
TC - you won the numpty award as soon as you rocked up late for the 1st wave swim start and then proceeded to swim the wrong way!! there were a lot of wide open mouths amongst everyone on the bank.....then laughter....

Briliant, no one post has made me laugh so much in ages!!

seren nos    pirate
21/09/2011 at 15:25

after already doing 12 ironman events this year..... I'm n ot suprised you forgot what direction you were swimming in

glad you managed to sort it out

all practise for the deca I take it

21/09/2011 at 15:45
Geddin - numpT of the Year I'll take that as a win 8)
21/09/2011 at 16:45
burp
Edited: 21/09/2011 at 16:45
cougie    pirate
21/09/2011 at 16:53
Oh please tell me someone had video of this TC ? Well played anyway.
281 to 300 of 338 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.