Challenge Henley 2011

For those who think the Outlaw is too far ooop naaarth

341 to 346 of 346 messages
Trogs    pirate
25/09/2011 at 17:43
Anyone seen or heard anything of SteveHo since Henley? He seems to have vanished off the face of the forum.
26/09/2011 at 08:10
sorry the for vanishing act been rather feeling bit depressed the last couple weeks and days leading up to henley with crap news from work. Got drunk on the friday which i normally don't drink, leaving me rather tired on race day and pulling left calf on the 3rd lap of the run just wasn't fun.. been trying to forget those depressing weeks and focusing on work and the next event..
Cheerful Dave    pirate
26/09/2011 at 08:49
Sorry to hear that Steve.  On the plus side, it was a stonking bike leg.
Trogs    pirate
26/09/2011 at 09:29

Steve!!
Hope the work thing is something that can be worked out, as it were, rather than something terminal.
Given the circumstances, makes your race all the more impressive - once you'd finished fooling around in the water

Edited: 26/09/2011 at 09:30
26/09/2011 at 09:56

don't worry i'm over it now..  

have to admit i did over cooked the bike leg and with poor nutrition strategy by completely forgeting to take on any gel untill after 2hrs in to the bike. did end up bonking on the bike at around 65miles but managed to pull myself together by going slightly slower and taking on more than usual amount of gels and drink..

26/09/2011 at 10:12

as with work just have accept changes and hope its for the better...

Yep need to really focus on my swimming this winter rather than keep having to go flat out on the bike to make catch up.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
341 to 346 of 346 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.