Christmas Social - 2013

61 to 80 of 241 messages
seren nos yn canu    pirate
08/08/2013 at 11:52
Bouncing Barlist wrote (see)
I have already contacted Cake asking  for any good venues and am waiting for a call back from Ponds Forge (50m swimming pool) about hosting the championship

SA, we're going to get mixed up and confused if two people are tripping up trying to organise it.

As I said ive already spoken to Aitch and a few other people before starting the thread, there is talk of a bike event so swimming may not be a definite?

Have you started ringing around hotels for prices yet?

barley.surely you need a date and a venue before trying to phone hotels

Tired Badger    pirate
08/08/2013 at 12:35

Can I be added to the list please as long as dates fit, not the kit off list though 

I'd suggest Birmingham as a central location, but its a S*it hole. 

Nurse Ratched    pirate
08/08/2013 at 12:39
M..o.use wrote (see)
http://www.joelcrary.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/0113.jpg

If we're going to Sheffield, will the boys do this for us?

I thought there was going to be food at this do?  I'd quite like to hang on to mine after I've eaten.

Hope    pirate
08/08/2013 at 13:19

Will our boys be wearing nipple tassels as well as hats then? 

Symes-lent night    pirate
08/08/2013 at 13:24

TB - sweeping

Tired Badger    pirate
08/08/2013 at 13:35

I know, everywhere has its good and bad bits I guess, and as I live out in the country I just think the city is a bit hmmm, german xmas markets ace for a piss up though.

Cake    pirate
08/08/2013 at 13:39

There is one every year in sheffield mate they do a tour between Sheffield and the other big cities so you might get lucky or might not.

Cake    pirate
08/08/2013 at 15:37

Just for some local info these places are very good

Devoncat Do christmas bookings posh foodie place this pub is round the corner and has a late licence and very good music northern soul/indy ect.. Taken Q there in the past if you want to ask someone else that it's good.

Good food pub but out of town a little fat cat

Good bar with food and also pool tables might work best for everyone and near several decent night clubs. West street is nearby and got a lot of pubs for a pub crawl some of which are full of chav's some are brilliant.

If you want to make a day of it a road going out of the city called Ecclesall road has some very nice restaurants and bar's it's also a good road to use to get into the peak distract and there is park run there on a saturday morning. Other park run in sheffield is at Hillisborough park and is run by Runningowl who you might have meet on the threads. Be warned if you want to do some training in sheffield it's not flat.

If you do go for sheffield and folks need to crash somewhere have spare beds but live about 11 miles out of the city centre so would be an expensive taxi. More than welcome through and got a couple of bottles on standby anyway for when Jo and Q comes back from Florida.

Edited: 08/08/2013 at 15:38
Golden Boots    pirate
08/08/2013 at 15:43

Excellent.... will be very happy if it is in Sheffield My old stomping ground!! Can help with bar suggestions if needed

TheEngineer    pirate
08/08/2013 at 16:29
Golden Boots wrote (see)

Excellent.... will be very happy if it is in Sheffield My old stomping ground!! Can help with bar suggestions if needed

Thanks and all, but we'd like to make it to the end of the night.

Cake    pirate
08/08/2013 at 16:36

You sure if you fancy getting dirty this place is worth a night out. Corp 

08/08/2013 at 19:05

If it is in Sheffield, or anywhere vauguely ooop North, can you pop me down for a beer and wooden spoon at said swimming championship thingy!

Lee the Pea    pirate
08/08/2013 at 19:19

Count me in, should be able to make it.  Missed the last few because it was too far south, and too far away, but now i'm down south it's moving up north, arggggg Hehehe, will do my best to attend though, be great to catch up with folk

M...eldy    pirate
08/08/2013 at 20:02

*quick quick * ... move it further north  

Hope    pirate
08/08/2013 at 20:23

We've got a lot of partying to do in the next few months. I'd better get some training in!!

M...eldy    pirate
08/08/2013 at 20:24

20 week plan or 30 week plan  ??

Hope    pirate
08/08/2013 at 20:29

I'm out tomorrow night Meldy so I will try and push back my alcohol tolerance levels.

My tolerance levels in general seem to be doing remarkably well at the moment 

M...eldy    pirate
08/08/2013 at 20:32

2 glasses of wine and a green tea chaser??   

Hope    pirate
08/08/2013 at 20:36

Oh yeh! That should see me asleep by 10 

Lee the Pea    pirate
08/08/2013 at 21:07
M...eldy wrote (see)

*quick quick * ... move it further north  

Wheesht you.  I'll definitely need to come along now, just to annoy you, hehehe  

61 to 80 of 241 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.