Christmas surprises

not necessarily presents

9 messages
26/12/2013 at 13:16

In my house someone spat red wine all over the carpet laughing at a rude bit in a rerun of "Bottom"

27/12/2013 at 08:38

Found out Christmas Day treatable isn't the same as curable and  my brother in laws cancer is terminal.

27/12/2013 at 08:52

That's sad news Grendel

27/12/2013 at 10:04

Sorry to hear that.   Had same news about my youngest brother this year Grendel after his bone marrow transplant didn't have the desired effect, then a couple of days before this Christmas he's split up with hs wife.   He's had to come back up here as he isn't well enough to shop and can't eat much and was basically starving to death.  When he phoned up on xmas day she said their 4 year old son couldn't come to the phone.    He's pretty much suicidal so not the best xmas ever.   Looking at her twitter she appears to be having a great time.

27/12/2013 at 10:04

Sorry probably not the place but you know, what is.

27/12/2013 at 10:39
Very sorry to hear about the bad surprises and thoughts with you all.
On a lighter note life imitated advert for me, our cooker packed in on Christmas morning, turns out you really can BBQ Turkey!
27/12/2013 at 11:01
Not a huge suprise but the fence blew down last night.
27/12/2013 at 19:31

I've got some Vanish foam I can put on it but the stain is buried under Christmas presents until everyone goes home tomorrow

27/12/2013 at 19:56

Pitlochry has some lovely muddy trails and fields over which to walk - since I didn't take running gear since I thought it would be covered in snow and ice.  It was actually quite warm and lovely

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.