Considering the switch to tri

but I have a concern...

61 to 67 of 67 messages
TheEngineer    pirate
21/08/2009 at 18:50

THAT I think I'll give a miss! Went for a run this evening, was nice, but it had stopped raining by the time I got out. Are there any pre-requisites for entering an Ironman?

Imeccentric    pirate
21/08/2009 at 18:57

That you really want to do it is enough , there are 2200 reasons why on the start line....

Swim 2.4 mls Bike 112 mls Run 26.2 miles , brag for the rest of your life ....

Go on you know you want to .....

TheEngineer    pirate
21/08/2009 at 19:33
I've watched all the videos I can find on youtube... I'm so so tempted. I get a grant in November through uni, and I can see many ways to spend it....
JD.    pirate
21/08/2009 at 20:03
do the one in nottingham, it's just down the road from you.  i think there will be a big pirate presence there.
JD.
Bedders..    pirate
21/08/2009 at 20:17

Just sign up and worry about it later! I did my first IM this year and can't wait to do the next one. Each to their own but I was stunned how much I enjoyed the training as much as the event itself.

If you are interested I put all the pictures I could find into a vid on my blog - part as a good memory and part as inspiration to others after IMCH this year. You can find it here

JD -- hope you and the family are well! 

Edited: 21/08/2009 at 20:18
Rc.    pirate
21/08/2009 at 20:57
Like the blog bedders, looked great to be part of was that your first?
Rc.    pirate
21/08/2009 at 20:59
SE I have only been running really since the beginning of this year and was interested in doing Tri's and this lot convinced me to sign up for IM which I have in Roth next year. Cant wait to get my swimming lessons and get my bike to start my training

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
61 to 67 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.