Couch to Tri

Buddy needed

9 messages
31/03/2013 at 02:04
Looking for someone to Train with. I am a complete novice, overweight since giving up smoking. Looking to do a sprint triathlon in September. I have a 22 week couch to tri plan and am looking for someone to train Anyone interested. Would you like to get fit with me or perhaps you would like a project.
PSC    pirate
31/03/2013 at 06:57
Where are you? Might get things started anyway!
31/03/2013 at 08:02
Located in Bridgend South Wales
01/04/2013 at 15:35

Hi Jacqui,

I am in the same boat as you. If you fancy a virtual training buddy give me a shout.

02/04/2013 at 09:12
That would be great. You can keep I touch with me at janwoodhandknits@hotmail.co.uk. I started yesterday on a beginner's programme. Swam 6 lengths and walked for 20 minutes. Today is my first 2 mile bike ride. I am determined to complete the beginner's sprint triathlon in Bath in September. Do you have a specific goal in mind?
02/04/2013 at 09:36

Great stuff Jacqui. You might want to delete your email or you'll end up getting spam.

You can reach me on george2011 (at) talktalk (dot) net

I'm greedy and hoping to do an Ironman in 2014. Not absolutely sure which one yet though. You should be good for an IM then too

I'm starting from about the same level that you are currently on.

Edited: 02/04/2013 at 09:38
02/04/2013 at 19:15
I don't think I will be doing Ironman next year!!!!!!! Done my first two miles on my bike today - really hard. Onwards and up
03/04/2013 at 11:56

Well done!

04/04/2013 at 09:43

Hi Jaqui,

I'm about the embark on a Couch to Tri program which sounds familar to yours and Ive also entered the Bath Novice Sprint Tri in September (or as I like to call it 170 days away!)

I coming at it from the angle that I've been running for a few months so hopefully the last leg should be fine, I've just bought a classic 1980's road bike (I figure it's got to be better than the commuter I have with attached child seat! (which I've not used in over a year)) which i need to get out around the streets of Devon and I swim like a brick; that can't swim.

I could use some 'virtual' support as well so feel free to contact me at my hotmail address which you can access with the prefix dbaylis (oh and it's a com)

Good luck.

Dave

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.