counting swim lengths

i solved it at last!!

81 to 86 of 86 messages
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
03/05/2004 at 15:10
Been swimming this morning and pool was nearly empty.

Decided to do some laps i.e. not touching walls and all i can say is its darn hard work when you dont touch off or stop for a rest. Did 50 mins (equivilant to 80 lengths and only touched down about 3 or 4 times) - im not looking forward to this open water swim malarky...
03/05/2004 at 15:10
Oh and b4 anyone says - Yes I know the wetsuit will help lol
Monique    pirate
05/05/2004 at 18:33
Carl, my biggest problem when swimming outside is the sighting you have to do, I seem to be unable to swim in a straight line.
05/05/2004 at 19:24
Not tried it yet but have trouble going in a straight line in the lanes. Just today I was sharing a lane with one other guy and he asked if I could stay over a bit becasue I was going to near the middle.

All will improe with practice I hope but can see the disadvantage of not going straight - i.e. swimming a few hundred meters than needed.

Ill more than likely be switching between Breast Stoke and crawl for my tries this year so ill be able to correct myself and swin stright during the breastroke.
05/05/2004 at 19:26
Oh gord my spelling is awful - still im really tired and took tonight off since I was feeling a bit fatigued. 18mile run tomorrow night eek.
Monique    pirate
05/05/2004 at 19:46
Yeah you can always stick a few strokes of breast stroke in to get your bearings.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 86 of 86 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.