Cross-training events?

(ideally NW based)

3 messages
28/01/2004 at 14:46
Does anyone have any idea where I might find a listing of "beginner" cross-training events to "have a go" atin 2004, ideally not too far from Manchester?

The XT sites I can find seem to be mainly south-based, and most of the events seem to be for the ultrafit competitor. I'm struggling to find a way to get started & just give it a try.

Jane
cougie    pirate
28/01/2004 at 14:48
Agecroft Rowing Club hold a rowing Tri in December, that's in Salford. So plenty of time to train.

Any more anybody knows about ?
28/01/2004 at 16:19
Thanks Cougie - I did that last year - and came last ;-) Will give it another go this year though.

Actually, I've just found one: http://www.dbmax.co.uk/dragons.htm in Altrincham - I'm sure I could complete the intermediate course, just would hate to be the only slow-george coming in hours behind a load of super-fit elite athletes.

I'll make some enquiries anyway.

Jane

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
3 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.