Cube agree race gct 2013 road bike

8 messages
14/10/2012 at 21:00

Hi everyone,

Just about to but my first road bike and very interested in this bike.

http://www.cyclesurgery.com/cube-bikes-agree-gtc-race-compact-2013/road-bikes/bikes-components-bikewear/fcp-product/46919

Can anyone advice on this bike to wether it will be ok for triathlons and as a first road bike? ANy advice of any other bikes for a similiar price?

Dustboy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 21:31

Mate of mine bought the Cube Agree a couple of years ago but the Alu one. It's a great bike and he has used it in a few tris and loves it. Yours is not a bad spec, nice wheels (I really like Easton kit) and what appears a slid groupset, nice bum park and top tyres. They ride nicely. I have a Cube MTB and it's fabulous, top build quality. 

Usual advice, fit fit fit fit fit. If it doesn't fit, it's a waste of money. I think cyclesurgery do do fits so get one first.

Quite a few on here rate Planet X, the Boardman serious bikes as well. All that sort of moolar. Also, check out Raleigh. Believe it or not , they are making some fine carbon rides about that money and you might get a deal as they are not generally on the radar.  

Dustboy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 21:32

That's a SOLID groupset!

14/10/2012 at 21:47

yeah i have done a little research and its a good group set. Looked at a few bikes with the 105 set for around £1000 but thought id have to upgrade the groupset quick if i wanted to do lots of tri's.

Yes they do a fit so will have to pop up and have ago, i believe you have to pay the full amount tho for them to get the bike in.

Dustboy    pirate
14/10/2012 at 23:31

Usually will get the cost of the bikefit knocked off the bike if it's a reasonably basic one. You will probably fine tune it anyway

WildWill    pirate
15/10/2012 at 08:03

my brother has that bike and loves it

15/10/2012 at 08:13
Flowerpower has one great bike for the cash
15/10/2012 at 19:29

sounds like its a good bike then

Ill go up at the weekend and see if they can fit me

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
8 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.