Dambuster Duathlon

Anyone else in?

1 to 20 of 31 messages
11/01/2013 at 16:01

I know its a tiddly liitle thing by the standards of some of you lot, but it'll be the furthest I've ever raced - anyone else doing it?

seren nos    pirate
11/01/2013 at 16:09

If it was closer I would.sounds like a great event.....hope you enjoy it 

11/01/2013 at 18:29

I am -  although I think I will be bringing up the rear - think there will be lots of fast people there wanting to qualify. I have been assured that normal people like will be there though

Doner Kebab    pirate
11/01/2013 at 18:47

did it last year - good race but too cold for me on the bike - running events only for me until late april  

length of the race is nothing to take lightly - you go hard on the run, harder on the bike then flat out on the run again - i got a 10k PB last year

11/01/2013 at 19:05

oh, I am not doing the duathlon - I am doing the dambuster tri. D'oh - need to read more carefully

12/01/2013 at 09:09
I'm in. Rutland Water looks pretty.
13/01/2013 at 16:36

Doner - noted on the cold - I'll need to watch for that! Thanks for warning.

Mathschick - I saw it was a qualifier for just about everything this year - one reason why I didn'ty try and enter. The other is that I've never swum 1500m in open water, which puts me at a disadvantage!

14/01/2013 at 20:04

i did it a couple of years back. nice area. flat run and undulating bike. still the std distance is 2 hours + for most people...more than a walk in the park. also i think it is this years national champs so the AG Kings will be in there as well....a good event to see how you compare.

Plum    pirate
14/01/2013 at 21:55

Talking of Age group deities........ I shall be making an appearance and signing autographs  ;-)

15/01/2013 at 09:20

I will be honoured to bow at your feet, my lord...

Plum    pirate
15/01/2013 at 22:04

well you may have to wait for me at the finish.........  and no chucking up on me plimmies   

16/01/2013 at 08:21

hehe, I know how I will compare to the AG kings at the dambuster tri. But a friend and I are doing it, should be good fun.

16/01/2013 at 11:27

This could become an expensive ambition but I'm hoping to get a World or Euro AG qualifier out of this.  At least the GB tri/gimp suits have come down to a reasonable price. 

16/01/2013 at 11:33

Good luck with that! My aspirations are a little more modest - like actually finishing the thing upright, particularly if its anything like as cold then as it is round here at the moment!

16/01/2013 at 11:40

ooooh, exciting PhilPub. I actually know three people who qualified and went to Aukland this year (tri not duathlon). One of them has her sights on Dambuster Tri and qualifying again.

paperman, like you, my aspirations are to finish and enjoy. Times just aren't important to me (although it is nice to see improvements but I haven't done Dambuster before)

16/01/2013 at 15:25

Cheers all!  I'd like to pretend I'm double-hard but I too will be hoping for pleasant weather. I can manage running in the cold but cycling, let alone transition pfaffing, is another matter.  By all accounts the weather for the Winter Ballbuster in November was relatively tame but I was bliddy freezing at the start of that... Also I see that both the guys who beat me in the V40 category there are signed up for Dambuster.  Best get my cycling form looking respectable.

Plum    pirate
19/01/2013 at 20:24

Phil dont forget to register the fact with the BTF that you are intending to try to qualify..... they do like like thetre money's worth from you

20/01/2013 at 22:30

I'm in, the run is short for both, so PBs don't count

22/01/2013 at 10:38

Plum - Thanks for the reminder.  Does anyone know when we're likely to hear about the Euro age-category duathlon, and if indeed there will be one?

SARQ - I'm glad you said that.  I thought some of the run times looked a bit tasty! 

22/01/2013 at 10:42

Being the event that I'm using to move up from sprint distance to Olympic, I'm not going to complain if its a nudge shorter. Just hope Racetime Events can't hear you...

1 to 20 of 31 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.