Dambusters Triathlon 2014

21 to 23 of 23 messages
23/06/2014 at 14:55

Sorry to hear that, buttercup - wouldn't have been a great race to do in a single gear!

We both finished - I had hoped for better on swim, but got a good bike in. Was carrying a leg niggle that decided to attack at about 4K on the run, and spent the rest of the run lopsided and wincing, which explains the poor run time (and the comedic finishing photos!).

Mrs. Paperman was never looking forwards to the swim (only just moved up to front crawl) and was indeed last out of the water (from the last swim wave start), but hoovered up a few people on the bike and a few more on the run. Is now after more swim practice so that bit doesn't hassle her quite as much.

Good to see MC - didn't see anyone else in pirate colours, presumably because they were far enough in front of me. Good weather, good race.

Edited: 23/06/2014 at 14:56
23/06/2014 at 15:36

Paperman - I think you were talking to MC and just left as I came up to talk to him having recently finished so we never got to meet.   I was  in club kit not pirate kit so you wouldn't have known who I was.

27/06/2014 at 15:07

FB - sure - will look out for you next time. Are you doing the Vitruvian?

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 23 of 23 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.