DIY Pirate Lanza Training Camp 2014

chaep and cheerful

1 to 20 of 67 messages
OrangeCannon kona-6    pirate
20/08/2013 at 21:17

Hey all

I am planning to get back out to Lanza for a training camp, (everyday training lanza camp 2014).  Its a really great way to get some biking volume, and open water swimming in early in the year - its recommended.

However, I was going to stay on for another week at the same apartment complex, as my missus, (ShuffleB) was coming out for a weeks training as well.

So I am happy to 'organise' a DIY pirate training camp for a weeks training in the same style as the camp I was just on.

Dates - Sat 15nd March -Sat 22th March
6 days of training - (Sunday - Friday)

Daily program -

• 30 min swim before breakfast, (on the IM lanza swim course)
  • eat breakfast
  • 3-5 hr ride.  Grab a snack on the rideShort, medium and long ride options available
  • 30 min run in the afternoon
  • afternoon happy hour cooling legs in the pool
  • eat food
  • sleep

The last day can be the full IM bike course, but options are available for those building up to IM.

Apartment complex is the 'Arena Dorada'.  Its in Puerto del Carmen, about 50 m from the beachfront
They do a buffet breakfast, and we can do evening meal as well, (easy) or eat out, (more expensive).  Its a bit more 'germanic' than the place we stayed for IM lanza, and the food can be interesting, but the beer is cheap.

Costs

• airfair + bike carriage
  • apartment costs, (approx £280 b&b for 2 people sharing an appartment)
  • beer money

Are you good enough?  - Yes

• I'm alright on the bike, and know the island well, so if you are fast I can sit on your wheel
  • The missus is aiming for her first IM next year, and is a definite back of packer.  She wants to get some riding in, but is slow.  You will (probably) be quicker than her so she will sit on your wheel

We can mix / match groups / rides / loops depending on who is riding.

End of camp Friday night drinks in route 66 are mandatory, (unless you are asleep )

So if anyone fancies this let me know

I can answer any questions you may have, (on any subject)

Edited: 20/08/2013 at 21:42
20/08/2013 at 21:43

edited with correct dates

20/08/2013 at 22:00

I'm not sure your Missus could be slower than me Captain, but the idea sounds good to me!

“I am Locutus of Borg. Resistance is futile.” Capt. J L Picard!

Edited: 20/08/2013 at 22:02
Rafiki    pirate
20/08/2013 at 22:28

OC - there was some talk of maybe doing a training week in  Nice - or nearby - so we could recce the bike course ... ??

20/08/2013 at 22:33

Oooo .. watches with even more interest!!  

Any idea of dates Raf?

Rafiki    pirate
20/08/2013 at 22:39

Not as yet - was going to wait till IM Wales and Henley were out the way before thinking about it, but sometime in March ??

TheEngineer    pirate
20/08/2013 at 22:40

OC I'm very interested. 

21/08/2013 at 07:35

Can I come please? Would be a great way to get some early year sun and cheap beer  

The Silent Assassin    pirate
21/08/2013 at 08:17

Very interestedwas hoping to plan something like this wih Hokori anyway and a great way to get an idea of the bike course

seren nos    pirate
21/08/2013 at 08:18

I would love to do this..............but couldn't do this and the LEJOG......if that goes ahead..need to have a think

Bouncing Barlist    pirate
21/08/2013 at 09:22

OC, I would be interested but depends on work commitments and a few other things.

Also the proposed date is when my be skiing.

I obviously cant commit but if timing/work allows I may get a late flight and join you if thats ok?

21/08/2013 at 11:20

I'd love to do this but sadly would be unable to make those dates.  A shame.  Have fun.

purpletrilady    pirate
21/08/2013 at 11:27

I would be interested 

21/08/2013 at 16:19

Rafi

I want to go ride the Nice course, but I also want to go on the everydayTraiing camp.

I can't do both as I can't afford 2 sets of airfares. 
I also don't know Nice, so would have no idea where to ride aprt from the IM course.

So Lanza won in my book, and I'll wing IM Nice bike course - how bad can it be...

21/08/2013 at 16:43

I reckon we're Lanza'ing early in the year....then most probably Nice in the Spring...that's sort of the plan. Mousie, Raf, anyone else if we investigate Nice in the springtime, shall I keep you up to date?

Assuming I have any money left at all that is.

Rafiki    pirate
21/08/2013 at 17:09

OC - that's fair enough. I did wonder about going back to Lanza for a training week and may still be tempted.

Mrs F - that would be grand if you could keep us in the picture

21/08/2013 at 17:29

Mrs F - yes please. 

IronCat5    pirate
21/08/2013 at 17:36

Love to go to Lanza, but what with the house move I'm on a spending lock down. Least that's what I've been told!

21/08/2013 at 20:21

Mrs. F, I'd be interested in a recce of Nice!  

21/08/2013 at 20:45

OKi dokes, gang. When we are back from You Know Where, the research will probably start...will start new thread when I have something to post about

1 to 20 of 67 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.