Dustboy's Winter Warmer ride

Looking at Sun 25th Nov - Surrey

21 to 40 of 59 messages
IronCat5    pirate
18/11/2012 at 19:34

I don't think I can make any of the dates

25th is the next league XC (DB you absence will be noted....), w/e after is Pirate xmas party, then XC each weekend until Christmas.

Hilly, can you ride outside on the weekend?

Dustboy    pirate
18/11/2012 at 22:54

Have you got a link for those XCs again Cat please? Fancy getting dirty again. Are they the cheap ones you get food with after? ABout 5 miles?

19/11/2012 at 07:53

IronCat, can ride outside, normally would do at the weekend. Bike was left on the turbo from the last ride and as i was a little pushed for time it was the easiest option yesterday.

Any how, isn't dusty's route all under cover and in a nice heated environment?

Dustboy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 00:09

Dusty will be giving up a muddy XC with el cheapo grub to do this ride. Cover is trees, heating is how sadistic I feel but thank your lucky stars I am not Smiffy!

I THINK we havefor this Sunday (let's say 10am, done by 12pm)

Dustboy
Lord H
Lord H's 12 year old
Steady CJ
training hill

Steady and th, do you need more info?, Pirbright Village Green adjacent to village hall car park 10am.

Who else?

20/11/2012 at 09:58

Lord H's 12 year old!

Bringing a 12 year old along just to show me up is pretty low.

I should be abel to find it from those directions, used to work at the volvo dealership there, pretty sure i remember the village green. A 10 start may even give me time for Farnham Tri's morning swim session.

Dustboy    pirate
20/11/2012 at 12:44

Turn left out of the Volvo dealer ship, stay on the road, pass the green with it on your right and turn right at the traffic lights just after teh village hall into the car park on the side of the road.

To be fair, Lord H's 12 year old may need to take it easy but Lord H knows the route anyway.

Fingers crossed for the weather. Must pump me tyres up, totally flat. LOL!

20/11/2012 at 17:51

At least with a 12 year old I know that I am likely to be the slowest. I will attempt to find the village hall on my way home from Frimley on Thursday, I am a bit rusty on my navigation in that area. 10am start is great.

21/11/2012 at 11:55

Oooh, forgot to update this thread- I should be along to play tail end Charlie.

Dustboy    pirate
21/11/2012 at 12:30

Always welcome Ferret!!!

22/11/2012 at 18:05

I take it that Dustboy and Ferret will be wearing pirate colours. I have now driven through Pirbright and spotted  the village hall, the green and 2 pubs, so should find it OK. Hope the weather improves or else we will get blown away.

Dustboy    pirate
22/11/2012 at 18:33

Will probably have pirate bike jacket on, they are brilliant.

Don't bring your aero wheels unless you want to fly away.

IronCat5    pirate
22/11/2012 at 20:30

Very jealous of your upcoming jaunt. However I shall bask in the glory of running XC for my club, and all the scoff I can eat. I shall wear my Pirate jacket to the after XC buffet. The 3 pockets in the back have their uses!

Dustboy    pirate
22/11/2012 at 23:50

I do fancy the XC but pirates in need of a helping hand always take precedence.

I do want to do a few of that series though.

I also have a new pair of Walshes that I am anxious to try out soon. Cat5, can I interest you in a vile 10k XC run (or anyone else for that mattter). Sand, mud, water, stuff that really hurts, slop, slime, branches to the head, smelly farms, nasty hills, nastier hills and, Queen of the XC climbs, Martha's Back Passage. Most fun in two feet deep snow.

Just for fun, of course, but your XC times will improve enormously.  

Start at Newlands (wonder why that is then). I can up the course to ten miles once I have a bit of practice in. It's called the four leaf clover and it destroyed me last time I did it.

Looking forward to Sunday and meeting Steady and training hill. I'll probably run lights as well.

23/11/2012 at 09:18

You can keep your XC.

I am getting pirate jacket soon, so I will be in bright pink jacket with a pirate buff, unless I get a girlie change of mind/wardrobe and wear something else, but will definitely wear my pirate buff.
I now have lights as well. The weather forecast I looked at this morning stated dry, sunny but very windy.

24/11/2012 at 10:55
I'm not going to be able to make it tomorrow....we're down to one car at the moment and Smiffy is doing Gatliff. I could drop him off but I would end up spending over four hours driving tomorrow if I do that
24/11/2012 at 11:00

Will you accept riders from London? I could get a train in to Brookwood for 9:50 then scoot to the village green for 10. I might need a little more direction though, google isn't forthcoming on where the village green actually is..  

24/11/2012 at 11:10
Coops, if I know Dusty you'll br very welcome! He'll need fresh ears to talk at!!
Dustboy    pirate
24/11/2012 at 11:24

Come out of Brookwood station and turn left. Go for about half a mile until you come to the junction just after the motor garage. Go left under the bridge and then straight on for about half a mile (don't go right immediately after bridge).

About ten yard after next lights, turn left. You will be in the middle of the green and cars in park on your right.

Welcome ACoops

Rain due to stop by 01.00, unbroken sunshine forceast from 8am! Wind at 29kph (and only my semi aero 30mm wheels available tomorrow oo-err)

24/11/2012 at 11:27
ACoops wrote (see)

Will you accept riders from London? I could get a train in to Brookwood for 9:50 then scoot to the village green for 10. I might need a little more direction though, google isn't forthcoming on where the village green actually is..  

DB asked to see my visa for crossing from the smoke into leafy Surrey first time, but he's not asked me to renew it this year so I'm presuming he's gone multicultural now. 

LOL Siggy - thats true.

Oh and allow for faffing time too. One day I'm going to invent a DB faffometer. 

Dustboy    pirate
24/11/2012 at 12:08

Have I mentioned my new Surrey Hills route for next year?

I will be collecting scalps!

21 to 40 of 59 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.