Dustboy's Winter Warmer ride

Looking at Sun 25th Nov - Surrey

41 to 59 of 59 messages
24/11/2012 at 12:28

Great, thanks! It will be nice to get back out on the open road. I'll wear my pirate buff and will probably be looking a little lost. 

I'm ok with faffing, in fact I am the queen of faff.  

24/11/2012 at 14:01
You'll fit nicely alongside the King of Faff then! He'll be on the Cyfac bike!! ;~)
24/11/2012 at 14:43
Dustboy wrote (see)

Have I mentioned my new Surrey Hills route for next year?

I will be collecting scalps!

*wibble* 

Have a great ride everyone, Sorry I won't be there but hopefully next time, thats if you ever get going - King and Queen of faffs, lordy!   Hope the weather stays fine. 

24/11/2012 at 15:15

Hope you all have a great ride tomorrow, I'm quite jealous as I remember this route as being quite fun

Sadly I can't make it as Mr P departs for Siberia for a couple of weeks tomorrow and I suppose I really should be around to make sure he actually goes.............

24/11/2012 at 17:18

Thread hijack alert ..........

Dusty/Podds etc - I'm just about to enter Stratford tri next May. SuperCaz and CakeBook are going too. Want to join us and make it an extravaganza? More the merrier. 

24/11/2012 at 18:07

You guys should get lucky with the weather according to the forecast! I would have loved to have come but i am sticking to my marathon training schedule. Have my first ever 20 mile run tomorrow! Good luck!

24/11/2012 at 18:27

Sorry Soup  Dragon I can't join you, I have entered East Grinstead Sprint in May and doing Outlaw Half begining of June.

Dustboy    pirate
24/11/2012 at 18:55

It's in the plan Soupy. We had a nice meal in the nearby pub after as well in September. I'll check it out with my mate and come back. Where will you stay? We stayed at Alcester Travelodge.

24/11/2012 at 19:01

Not got that far yet Dusty. Travelodge sounds okay though, cheap and cheerful. 

25/11/2012 at 09:41

Morning all,

I'll try posting this via various mediums- but car battery dead this morning so won't be coming to play

25/11/2012 at 15:43

Lovely ride this morning, shame Ferret couldnot make it. The sun shone, Dustboy talked me up the hills and we all enjoyed the downhill bits. It rained on the way home in the car.

Bike is now washed and wheel swapped over and on the turbo.

Thanks for the arranging Dustboy and good to meet up with the others.

25/11/2012 at 17:21

We seemed to be very lucky with the weather, even the council came out and clearedthe road for us. Thanks to dusty for sorting it all out, was great to put some faces to the names.

25/11/2012 at 18:39

The sun always shines for DB rides. Don't know how he does it. Sounds like a good ride was had and that Dusty can still talk people up the hills. I hope to be at the next outing.

25/11/2012 at 18:59

Thanks for a lovely ride! It was really nice to get out on the open road. Hope to see you all again soon 

IronCat5    pirate
25/11/2012 at 19:56

Sounds like a good ride. Way to go DB!

Dustboy    pirate
25/11/2012 at 21:50

Lovely morning out, if a little puddly in places. Great to put faces to names.

Welcome to riders Coops, Steady & Hilly. Though every time I said, "It's nearly flat, honestly", they all looked at me like I was lying

Lord H filled in for (a sorely missed)Ferret as sweeper, though he couldn't resist a foray off with the afterburners on, especially on the local TT circuit (that long fast gradual downhill on the first loop). Lord H even threatening to join us on the forums.

Bit of interval fun with hilly on the last bit. I forgot how much they hurt.

It's a nice winter circuit, not too long but enough to blow the cobwebs out and no traction beating lumps.

25/11/2012 at 21:52

Good on you DB

Dustboy    pirate
25/11/2012 at 21:54

Yo, LN. tried to PM you, but it's switched orf. Am not on arsebook either now.

25/11/2012 at 21:56

Yeah I know you're not. :-/   Should be able to PM now. I'll PM you.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 59 of 59 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.