Eating to improve

81 to 86 of 86 messages
M...eldy    pirate
30/06/2010 at 21:21
You knit tofu for the boidies??   Theres commitment
oxymoron    pirate
30/06/2010 at 21:36
fat buddha wrote (see)
debbs - we use an old Sophie Grigson recipe - but this is very similar. we don't bother with the raita bit

yum, i had it for my dinner this evening, it was good!

Thanks FB

debbo    pirate
30/06/2010 at 22:54
didn't you make some extra for me? bastard!
30/06/2010 at 22:55
I know Sophie Grigson from years ago - I think she was the first veggie TV chef/sleb?

But I saw her the other day...has someone been slipping her some lard?
01/07/2010 at 08:56
the last time I saw a pic of Ms Grigson she certainly seemed to have developed an arse like a split sofa........

glad you enjoyed it Mr Moron.....is lush eh??
01/07/2010 at 16:43

I always used to have trouble with risottos until my friend passed on this recipe:

Smoked tuna risotto

2oz/60gms risotto rice per person to 1/2 pint of stock made with a single veggie oxo cube
1/3 of a pepper, small onion, carrot (any veg really) per person 
Lazy Chilli (the stuff in those square jars)
Garlic
splash olive oil
Smoked tuna (you can buy in cans, but smoked or peppered mackerel also is delish)
Tomato

Heat the olive oil & one the rice starts to bubble when you drop in a single grain add the rest of the rice & stir continuously for 2 mins.  Add the onion, chilli & garlic & stir for a further 2 mins.  Add the veg (cooked or uncooked, so great for leftovers), and the stock, bring to simmer & cover.  Leave for about 20 minutes.  Just before serving add the tuna & tomato, stir through until cooked/heated.
Serve.

It is really tasty & seems so far to be pretty foolproof! 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
81 to 86 of 86 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.